Chapter 1: Blackout

"Panther, you need to find a new hiding spot for us during next blackout," Sinnox commanded. "We still have to find Nightcrawler, so Nightshade, you take the pups, dragons and hounds to find him. Jammer, distract everyone so we can get a few infects to lower numbers. Everyone else, get your game faces on, you're going with me into battle." Everyone nodded.

Jammer went to a corner in the abandon office and put on his headphones. He got rather fidgety and started messing with his tail. "Hey Jams for brains!" Panther called to him. Jammer looked up at Panther. "Don't let us down again. You about costed us all our lives!" Panther picked Jammer up and held him against the wall by his throat. "If you let us down, I will leave you out for dead like those innocent Lantern Shorks!" Jammer tried prying Panther's fingers off his throat but he wasn't strong enough. Tears formed in his eyes from the pain.

Just then, Jammer, Nightshade and Sinnox started glowing. That's when the power went out "UNABLE TO ACTIVATE BACKUP GENERATORS, PLEASE STAND BY!" The voice said. Everyone grew scarier, ready for the attack. "Ready?" Sinnox said. Everyone yelled in agreement. That's when Sinnox led the attack. Jammer followed as everyone else went the other way around. Panther left for the hiding hunt and Nightshade took the slimes to find Nightcrawler. He made everyone feel safe along with his brother, Buck. However, Buck is dead. Killed last blackout. Sinnox and Jammer make it to a door and Sinnox waits for the signal. A growl is heard from out Lantern Shork as Jammer runs into the center of the floor and blasts his jams. "Welcome ladies and gentlemen!" He shouted. "Hope you like parties, cause that's what we're doing this fine blackout! Come join me one and all!" The music blasts throughout the building. Humans come around to listen. They finish piling up and they start dancing as Sinnox lets out a chirp. That was the signal for everyone to attack. Jammer continued playing music as he watched humans get killed brutally. "PUPS GO!" Nightshade yells. Dragons, Hounds and pups go on an absolute rampage, biting and killing humans. Nightshade walked over to Jammer.

"I gotta hand it to you Jams for Brains," he said. Jammer was hurt by the nickname everyone gave him. "You did a good job this time. How about we turn this shit up to 15!" Nightshade created a boom box out of nowhere as he glowed rainbow. "How'd you do that?" Jammer asked invested. "Just imagine it in your hand and focus really hard." Jammer knew he wanted a microphone. He held out his hand and imagined it in his hand. He could feel his colors changing as a microphone was created and was in his hand. Jammer brought the microphone to his mouth and started making music after thanking Nightshade.

Soon everyone stopped, even Nightshade and Jammer. A high pitched sound swirled I'm the air. Soon enough, a flash of a bright pink color ran by everyone and grabbed a human. The human was punched and killed. The gootrax got even more hyped up after the leading goo showed himself. Nightcrawler. Jammer and Nightshade continued their distraction, until a human dug two knives into Jammer's leg. He let out a cry of pain as he fell to the ground, his microphone disappearing. "GOT IT!" A human yelled. That's when all the gootrax started leaving. A pup was killed in the process, it was Sinnox's. Jammer tried to stand but he couldn't as another human dug more knives into Jammer's other leg. He continued to cry in pain until it stopped. He was picked up and quickly carried away from the humans. The knives remained in his legs as he was carried to a snowy area and into a hidden cave. This area was off the map in the lobby of the facility.

The room was much larger than that office as gootrax's wounds were tended to by the slime dragons and Toxic Rabbits. Nightcrawler took Jammer to a spot in the medicinal area and he looked for a dragon. None were available. They were all tending to those with small cuts and scratches. Jammer sat up and caught the attention of Nightcrawler. "I'll help you," he said. Nightcrawler wasn't very sure, but looked at the pain in Jammer's eyes and agreed to help.

"You grip the handle like this," Jammer showed him. Nightcrawler took the handle in his hand carefully as to not hurt Jammer. "This will sting quite a bit anyways, don't hold back any strength." Jammer gripped his leg and nodded to let Nightcrawler know he was ready. Without hesitation, he pulled the knife out of his leg. As to not alert anyone else or any humans, he bit his lip and let out a small whimper. Jammer grabbed his tail and put it in his mouth to stifle his screams. Nightcrawler took out two more knives until he saw tears fall on the ground. Jammer looked at Nightcrawler. "I'm fine, this has to be done."

Soon enough, all the knives were out of his leg. Jammer handled the rest from there as Nightcrawler watched. "What's happening here?" Sinnox asked, walking over to us. "Did no one help you Jammer? I'm so sorry! We're just short on medicinal dragons." Sinnox helped wrap Jammer's legs up after stopped the majority of the bleeding. "Rest here, you shouldn't walk. I will have dragons tend to you every day to clean these wounds." Sinnox stood up and told about 7 dragons about Jammer's condition. Nightcrawler refused to leave Jammer's side until Sinnox called him over. "Jams for Brains," Panther said, walking up to Jammer. Jammer wanted to move, but any movement of his legs would hurt worse than the pits of hell. "You realize that you got Sinnox's pup killed, right?" Jammer looked shocked. He didn't realize that pup died. "You failed again. I should kill you myself. But I won't, I'll just let you off with this instead." Panther harshly kicked Jammer's legs as he let out a painful cry. Everyone shut up and looked over at Jammer. He was gritting his teeth as Panther looked all innocent. Everyone believed Panther, everyone but Nightcrawler.

Nightcrawler ran to Jammer's side as Panther left. "Jams for Brains are-" "Its Jamz.." Jammer said, cutting Nightcrawler off. "But I hear everyone calling your Jams for Brains?" Nightcrawler was confused. "They gave me that nickname last blackout a month ago. It's just to make fun of the fact I would make the other gootrax die cause my music wasn't good enough." Jammer backed into a corner using his arms. "Well I think you did good that time. You only made us lose a pup!" "Yes but it was Sinnox's and Sinnox finds out I'm kicked out of the pack." Nightcrawler sighed. "If you leave, I won't let those humans hurt you." He put a hand on Jammer's shoulder.

"CARAMEL IS WHAT?!" Sinnox yelled. Jammer could see Panther with Sinnox. Sinnox was over to Jammer faster than light. He stood Jammer up, no matter how painful it was. He was told to walk out or he would be killed. Nightcrawler wasn't having it. He picked up Jammer and ran with him out of the cave.

They were in a hiding spot with Rainbow, Gold and Diamond pups. "We should think of a plan," Nightcrawler said. "You will hate me for this," Jammer said. "I think we join the humans for revenge." Nightcrawler took off his goggles and he has an 'are you insane' look on his face. "I'm serious. They could use a couple gootrax to their advantage." Nightcrawler sighed and put his goggles back on, laying Jammer down. "Rest and we'll confront them tomorrow." Nightcrawler laid beside him, only a few feet away. Pups came over and slept beside Jammer, Jammer soon getting to sleep himself.