Chapter 3: A Few Months Later

Jamz POV

It's been a few months since me and Alper started teaming with these humans. We learned their names and helped them create new weapons, like the glowing Batsabers. I've learned to use my new leg and I've not struggled to walk since. We still wrap up my right one due to the holes where the knives were located.

"And it should glow," Alper said, holding up the glowing bat. I watched on a crate with the developing field humans. However, I wasn't paying attention to the lecture, I was paying more attention to Alper himself. I've known him for a few years now, especially since we joined the pack the same blackout along with Buck and a few pups. A year after we met each other, he became quieter. I never understood why, but he seemed attentive to my music. He was the brains to our plan while I was the bait.

That's when a sudden surge of energy burst through my veins. I looked at my hands and they had a blue glow around them. "Guys," I called to them. They saw my glow and the power went out. "UNABLE TO INITIATE POWER OUTAGE MODE, PLEASE STAND BY."

Everyone began getting into position as I ran up to Alper. "Are you sure you can do this?" He asked me. "What if you get hurt again? We have no idea what-" I just laughed. "We've been through hell and back a thousand times over," I told him. I put my headphones on his head as they illuminated the same color as Alper's chest. He nodded as he hugged me and ran off. I ran off with him to put the plan into action.

[Flashback]

"I'll run out and you guys pretend to capture me," I said to the group. "Once I fall, carry me off to the lab. They will try to follow so protect Henry and Oden at all costs. You have the Batsabers, so use them as you must. There's a high chance my leg won't be visible, so that's a good thing. Let's get our revenge on these gootrax."

[End]

Me, Alper and the many humans got into position. One of the humans came around my back and pretended to hit my head really hard as I fell to the floor. That's when Sinnox ran out and Alper stopped him. That's when the raid begun. Batsabers were flying their colors left and right as they injured the gootrax. I remember what I said before I finished my speech that night.

"Don't kill them, just injure them."

"Get your FILTHY HANDS OFF HIM!" I knew that voice as it charged the humans. I got up and stopped him. "I'll be taking this," I said. I uncovered a strange crystal from Panther's fur and took it. Alper saw it and immediately took it, putting it in the fuse box and cutting the power on. Everyone ran back to hiding as the humans retreated with a victory. Sinnox lingered to see me and Alper walk through the barrier and not be obliterated.

"A successful run," I said. "I've got medical help on standby and we'll be helping anyone with injuries." Alper walked up to me and put my headphones around my neck. "You really rushed that and it was a good thing," he told me. "We about lost someone to an infect. How'd you know where to find his crystal?" I just smiled. "Me and Panther are cousins, he trusted me with everything when we were younger. Let's just say he trusted me with too much." I stuck out my tongue with a second crystal on it. "OH MY GOD JAMZ YOU'RE FUCKING AMAZING I COULD KISS YOU RIGHT NOW!" He realized what he said after he said it and his face went the color of his chest. My face heated up as well. "I didn't mean to say that it just slipped." I was screaming inside. "Yeah, it's alright Alper." We came to the agreement that he didn't just say that. "Jamz!" Corinna called to me. "I've gotta go, see you hot topic!" I waved to him as I ran over to the second in command.

"You say it?" She asked me. "Yeah yeah I called him hot topic," I told her. "At least it wasn't hot stuff or some other crazy pet name you humans can come up with." She laughed and pointed to Alper. He was jumping around like a toddler getting something they wanted. We both laughed. "So, we've thought of some leg upgrades so you can have that leg of yours glow like the rest of you." I nodded as she showed me the screen on the wall. "So we can use that second crystal here in the new model, and the leg should light. It's wired like a Batsaber and we can even change the colors. It will take longer if you wish for the 'mood light' system." I looked at the model. "I can help with the mood light system if possible." Corinna brought up the model. "It won't take too much longer, so we won't need any extra hands. I appreciate the offer, but you might want to get back to your Prince Charming." I bowed as a thank you and returned to Alper.

"So what did you do while I was-" he cut me off by kissing my cheek. I touched where he kissed as he just leaned against the wall. "You have someone staring," he said. I looked outside the barrier to see Nightshade. He had his glasses on his head, glaring at me. I went and stood at the barriers edge.

"Why are you here?" I asked him. "I should be asking you the same thing Jams for Brains," he responded. "You shouldn't have been kicked out. Sinnox, me, everyone missed you. We even found a pup for you if you please come back!" He got on one knee. I just folded my arms. "Tell Sinnox to bring the pup. Nightcrawler will be waiting for him." I walked off and went to craft. I thought that we should craft a rainbow Batsaber. Once I got the materials needed, Nightshade was gone. "Alper, await Sinnox's arrival. He should be coming with a pup. Alex, Crawel, stand by him as a guard." I got to work on my Batsaber.

"You've been brought the pup now give us back our gootrax," Sinnox said. I put my Batsaber away as I walked up to Alper. I walked out and picked up the pup. I carefully gathered some blood from the ghost pup and Alper prepared it in the wall. I walked through with the pup and he was fine. "Now come back." He was getting agitated. "I never said I would come back if you brought him, did I?" I told Sinnox. Everyone walked away as Sinnox let out annoyed chirps. I sat on a crate with the pup. "I'll make him a glowing collar. I might name him Drift." Alper sat on the crates next to me. "Seems fitting," he said. "Welcome to our team Drift!" Alper pet Drift's head.

Eventually, I called it quits and went to my room in the barrier. Alper and Drift followed since it was our shared room. I went to my respectful bed and face planted into it. Drift came up beside me and licked my face. I turned to my side and pulled blankets over my body. Drift climbed under the blankets and poked his head out from under the blankets in my arms. I heard Alper set my headphones on my desk and his goggles on his as he laid down as well. I closed my eyes and went to sleep. That ended a stressful, yet fun day at the facility for me and Alper.