The mysterious man with a patch, pale skin screaming pain to her, and his eyes that seemed to have gone through too much to put in words. She found him charming yet he had put up a wall that constricted her to know him more, and she understood why he did so.

Lumine had first met him in Mondstadt, who claimed himself as the Bough Keeper, Dainsleif. When he asked her the three questions, she wondered if she was being tested or it was to reminisce in the resemblance with her twin. His blond hair and strange yet fitting attire had stuck with her the whole time they were together, maybe it was wrong to like his presence, maybe it was right not to trust him, she didn't think about much but let him speak as much as he could about her twin, since she desired to know about where he was. Even after witnessing the hilichurls reach their end and getting to know more about the curse, she couldn't get to trust him fully. On one hand, she felt like entrusting her whole self to him, since whenever they met, she'd feel closer to Aether's presence, but on the other, it was the mystery he was enshrouded in that told her not to trust him fully.

"You know, I always felt that, since he had been in immense pain for centuries, he must've gone numb, but after seeing how his face contorted in pain when seeing Halfdan die, my feelings have changed." "Don't tell me you like him or something?! That eye-patch isn't worth the struggle, I assure you there are better people out there!" a worried Paimon shook her head in disbelief. "Well, we'll just see it for ourselves."

He could not, he shan't and he mustn't, so he said to himself to calm the raging storm in his heart. To seek comfort in her, to be in her arms as she would pat his back while he'd be sobbing his eyes out, to even give himself to her would be impossible. She was fascinating, her elegant sword-wielding, how her blonde hair flew when they were in the nation of Wind, he loved how she stayed with him, even though he was aware he wasn't trusted, the warmth that radiated from her presence made this eternal pain of immortality almost ease out. He would've never expected to feel this way, he was aware of such trifling feelings back when he still had his glory of being in the Royal Guard, he knew how love was, but after the agony he went through, everything went blank. His life contained no meaning yet he couldn't die, love wasn't possibly his forte anyway, so he brushed off these feelings as mere fleeting ones, that he'd soon forget them before meeting Lumine again.