Chapter 2

Decimo's POV

Serene

She looks so serene, I hope you're having the best sleep.

I stand there at the corner just staring and observing her steady breathing

"Things are just getting started, Karina. Just a little more"
I lowly muttered

I slowly walk towards her and refilled the empty glass of water

I kneeled beside her bed as I stare at her, slowly caressing her cheeks then her hair

"You are safe with us. You have nothing to fear now. Everyone is happy that you're here"
I whispered to her

----

"just remember that when you're almost out of air, the most progress happens in pair....."

If only time permits to remember, if only things aren't this way

----

A sudden ringing in my ears ended my thoughts

I groan trying to ease the pain by pressing my temporal and I unconsciously grip the nearest subject my hand can hold.

Not a second longer,
There from my peripheral vision I saw her looking at me with gentleness

-

KARINA'S POV

I stirred awake by the sudden warmth in my hands. Then, there I saw the same pair of eyes I've been yearning to meet. The masked individual.

"Are you okay?"

I gently asked as I try to sit up

"No, don't. I'm okay. I'm okay"

The masked person answered as if a chant, like referring not to me but to herself

"What are you doing?"
She inquires as I hold her hands tighter

"Nothing, You seem to be in pain so the least I could do was to hold you. I first thought you were Yeji but your hands are warmer compared to hers."

"Warm..."

She trailed off

"Is that so? Paenitet me, I woke you up."

"No, please. I'm rather glad to see you, may I know the name of my knight?"

"I am no Knight, maiden. You knew me. I'm known in the mundane as the white Demon Lord but Decimo, you can call me decimo. "

"Decimo as tenth?"

"Yes, Maiden. as I am the tenth demon lord.

"nice to meet you, I'm Karina"

"I know"

Wait, what?

She knows me?

"Dinner's at six, you should prepare already."

She stood up, headed to the door and just before she walk out, she once again wince in pain. I was about to stand up but she disappeared before even I could

Decimo huh

At the Dining hall

Everyone was there sitting at the dinning hall. Karina is feeling all kinds of emotions, weary and awkward but most of all scared. Scared what others will see of her and treat her, Yeji seems to notice her discomfort and stepped in before actually eating

"Guys, I want to formally introduce you to the maiden, this is Karina."
All eyes were on her after yeji said that and she's more scared than ever

A figure appears beside her startling her and hugs her waist

"Unniiiie, I'm Yuna. I'm a damphir unnie and you smell so good. I miss you, Unnie" She beams and clungs unto her. Karina hesitantly hug her back.

(A damphir is half human- half vampire offspring).

Two ladies soon then appeared before her, Bowing. The other one politely held Karina's hand and placed a delicate kiss on it which shocked the latter.
"Aeri, mademoiselle and this is my peri, Ningning"

Ningning just smiled and offered a little hello which Karina gratefully returned.

(the word or term fairy actually came From Peri. They're winged fairy-like beings)

A firm and solid voice interrupted the gentle introduction and suddenly called Yuna out.

"Yuna-yah"

Yuna who was startled, hid behind Karina and sheepishly scratch her neck.

"L-Lia, m-meet Karina-unnie."

Bright red eyes. Karina thought of the gem, ruby

Yuna immediately went to the owner of those ruby eyes and placed a chaste kiss to calm her down

"I'm this little damphir's mate, Lia. It's nice to finally meet you, Karina"

Lia this time smiled and released a welcoming aura.

"Okay, that's enough introduction. Let's eat!"

Yeji enthusiastically announced and everyone returned to their seats.

Where's decimo? Karina wanted to ask but held back.

Everyone's enjoying their time eating and answer queries thrown at them to satisfy Karina's curiosities but did not get deeper and personal.

"Unnie! We have so many rooms in here. If you want I can give you a tour"

Yuna happily said while munching her food like no end

Lia on the other hand ate gracefully, looking after Yuna when there are spills on the side of her mouth or refills her glass when empty.

"You can also be with me in the Garden, Karina-unnie. We can tend and water the plants"

This time it was Ningning who shyly said those words

"You can be with either of us, Karina. We'll be with you everytime"

Yeji warmly said those words to her.

"Are you always like this? Eating together and happily chatting and all?"

Everyone looked one another with a smile on their lips and all nodded to Karina.

And Karina felt warmer than ever. She never once thought she could dine happily with other people.

There are tears in the corner of her eyes, she sniffed and continue eating happily.

"Warmth" that's all she could think and feel right now.

-