finally home

Welcome to the next chapter of "All Things Take Root"! 

Happy early Father's Day everyone! I hop you enjoy this chapter as it contains happy fluff! 

Zavier would never get tired from this view. From up above, they both could see the shimmering lights from the city below. Tall gray buildings stretched as far as the eye could see. Even though it was late at night, there were still those wandering around in the streets for the nighttime cafes and restaurants. It'd been a long time since he'd seen his family. Granted, he was gone due to his work, but that didn't make him feel any less bitter about being away from them. Zavier thought he'd seen the end of all the fighting after the Great Pokémon War, but that was only the beginning of all the bullshit that the world was involved in. If all that's been happening was true, it'll only get busier from here on out for the International Police, especially in his division.

Well, it's not like I can change anything about it. Shaking his head at his thoughts, he patted his companion on the side of his wings, "Let's go home, Ebony."

"Cor!" The Corviknight stretched his wings, the Pokémon becoming faster in an instant. "Cor Cor!"

"You're excited, aren't you?" He couldn't help but grin.

"Corviknight!" The Raven Pokémon huffed, his feathers fluffing out of place. "Cor!"

A flock of Pidgeys flew around him before Ebony rushed forward with an irritated huff, trying to get them both home faster. Wind rushing in his ears, Zavier braced himself. The public landing spaces in Lumiose City were empty at this time of night, so they were greeted with a soft thump and nothing else when they finally landed.

Hopping off the back of his partner, he took out his Pokeball, only for the Pokémon to stare at him with piercing red eyes. "You know that you can't fit up the stairs, Ebony."

That only made the Pokémon puff up in indignation.

"I know that you're excited to be back, but you know the landing codes around Lumiose aren't the same as everywhere else." Zavier stroked the neck, coaxing the Pokémon. "I know it's stupid, but I'd rather get home faster to Kirako and Soni than fight the police and see them that way."

Being in the International Police was obviously a higher position than the policeman around the corner, but Zavier did have to keep a low profile as it was his job to blend in with everyone else. Rules, regulations, and the usual shit- nothing too weird.

Even so, Ebony snorted at that, but thankfully, allowed himself to be returned to his Pokeball at last.

It took a while to reach the little apartment complex and even longer to walk up the steps because the elevator was out (he swore that that the landlord never bothered to fix it because of the costs involved), but standing at the front door, he could feel his stress leaving his shoulders.

He was finally home.

Turning the key and gently opening the door, the soft scent of freshly washed linen and flowers washed over him. Stepping into the threshold of the apartment, the first thing that Zavier noticed were the shoes. Kirako, being raised in Johto for a majority of her life, had channeled Arceus' wrath when he tried to walk in the apartment with his boots the first time. That said, his house slippers neatly set to the side. A small shoe was right beside it with the other shoe laying haphazardly across the floor like it was kicked off in a hurry.