Trust

Yo! Sorry about the wait, here's the new chapter. Enjoy!

P.S. I do not own any pictures or songs involved in this chapter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Batman and Green Arrow stand on an apartment rooftop in Gotham. Across from them is a blonde teenage girl with a bow and a quiver of arrows strapped to her back. 

The girl had roamed the streets before, looking for trouble and thugs to beat. She wanted to use her skills to do good, and the people in front of her noticed. 

They've offered her a place on a team of young heroes, the protégés of a few of the Leaguers. If she were to accept, she would become a part of the covert team and take the role of Green Arrow's apprentice. 

Excited and determined, the girl prepares to voice her agreement, but something makes her stop. 

More specifically, someone

She can't leave that poor kid to face this world alone. If she were to join this team without him, she might not be there to help him if...

No...

She couldn't let that happen! She couldn't leave her little brother alone with that scum!

So, she agrees to join the team of protégés, but on one condition. 

Upon hearing the condition, Batman and Green Arrow make eye contact and seem to have a conversation with just their gazes. 

After a moment, Batman turns to look back at the young girl, who already sports a triumphant expression. 

"We accept your terms, Artemis."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Batman and Green Arrow sit down with the other prime members of the Justice League. 

The meeting with the girl went mostly how the heroes expected it too, however, the condition she set threw them off. 

Wonder Woman is the first to voice her skepticism.

"Batman, I would have expected you of all people to be more suspicious of this. The girl abruptly sets a condition of this nature and you immediately agreed? That's not like you at all. We don't know anything about the child she spoke of!"

Green Lantern is quick to continue. 

"We don't mean to doubt your decision, but Wonder Woman is right. This really isn't like you, and that girl's proposal was quite sudden. Why did you not ask to meet the child she spoke of first?"

All is quiet as the Leaguer's wait for Batman to speak, Green Arrow the only one seemingly content with the situation. 

Finally, Batman addresses the group.

"Normally, I would look more into this. Artemis suddenly making a condition for her joining the team could easily be seen as suspicious. However, -" here Batman pauses, a thoughtful look evident in the white eyes of his mask. "For a moment, Artemis looked like she would promptly accept, no questions asked. But when she opened her mouth to do so, she hesitated. Something flicked across her face, and it made me stop."

Batman folds his hands together, looking up at the rest of the League, eyes serious. 

"Whatever the reason Artemis set her condition, it was important to her. I'm willing to meet this child she spoke of and let them join the team. We'll keep an eye on her and whoever she brings, but I feel this base level of trust should be given to her."