Seperated

We walked into life together hand in hand. Destined to be together forever. In each other’s arms, safe and secure. Well, that was until fate had decided that, at last, it was not meant to be. And we were separated. Thrown apart and thrust into separate worlds. So close but so far. The same, but yet so different. It was a world so cold it only knew heat. Everything to be… Forgotten.

I was walking down the hallway looking out of the big glass windows. Dreaming of freedom. Flying and soaring over the hills, into… safety, home, and love. I hated this stuffy, heavy feeling looming over me like the clouds. It was going to rain. I love the rain. It gives the world a feeling of rejuvenation and cleanses it. There are new beginnings in the air. I can feel them.

As I continued down the hall and came to the large mirror I despised. Not because of what shown back, but the reason it’s there. I live in a world of vain and selfish people. Or that’s how everyone thinks of us. So unfortunately we have to act the part.

I looked up and seen myself. I started at the top of my head. I had brown hair that was almost blonde now because of the sun adding so many streaks. It was all done up, so complicated I can’t even describe it. But there were pieces falling out in the most elegant way. I focused on the ones framing my face. My face was shaped as my mothers. I had almond shaped eyes. Their colors intrigued me. They were blue, bright blue to be specific right now. Around my iris there was bright green growing and weaving its way through the blue. My nose was definitely my aunts, my very beautiful aunt. I had big full lips, lonely lips at that. They only had one true mate.

I had on one of my new regal gowns. It was one of the darkest purples I had ever seen. It had black lace trimming all around the edges and down my arms. It carried a small train behind it. I felt beautiful. But unfortunately, no one ever says that. All anyone has ever done is put me down to make them feel better. Except for Him. The short flashbacks of memories swept over me like a ton of bricks. I felt my heart crushing and being ripped apart all over again. Then just as soon as it came I shoved it back down.  Down where it couldn’t resurface like this again. I hated this feeling, I have literally died inside.

In the midst of my suffering I somehow missed my mother gliding into the hallway. She was beautiful on the inside and on the out. She had bright blonde hair that was long and straight. She had the most amazing eyes, they were almond shaped as mine, but they had many colors, all weaving intricately around each other. She was absolutely beautiful. No one even noticed how small she was though. Yes, she was shorter than I am. But with her royal elegant ways and her stunning beauty you wouldn’t even notice.

She had seen the sadness and came forward to embrace me. She does not know exactly what happened, but she understands. She is one of the only people who understand me. I ran to her arms and we stood there for a moment. Then she pulled away and sorted out some of my stray hairs that had fallen out. Then she said in a clear crystal like voice, “are you going to be able to take today on? You are strong, I know it. But you know you do not have to do this, Kaylea.”