Chapter 19

"And mein" he said softly

"Tum toh akkadbagge ho" she said with straight face then she started laughing.

"Mazak kar rahe hai. Tum toh Hindi film ke hero ho" She said

"Mein hero nahi Villain hoon"

Imlie bursted out laughing, hearing Aryan say Villain.

"Agar tum villain ho toh hum Roma hai. Don film wali.." Imlie said

"Let me guess SRK ki movie don. Jungli Billi" Aryan replied while Imlie nodded.

"Tum villain nahi ho" Imlie said still laughing.

"Toh kya hoon mein" Aryan said raising his eyebrow.

"Tum...tum anti-hero ho. Wo jaise chaamgaadad aadmi" Imlie said

"What the hell is chaamgaadad aadmi?" Aryan asked

"What nahi Who. Wo jo chaamgaadad jaise kaapde pehanta hai...kaale kaale" she replied.

"You mean Batman. Bruce Wayne" Aryan said.

"Ha..tum uski tarah gaadi tez fast forward mein chalate ho." Imlie replied.

"Mujhe naya wala bohot pasand hai. Baetman Baetman tum ne chura mera dil ka chain" Imlie started singing Baetman version of isspiderman.

Aryan just stared at her, happily singing and laughing at her own antics.

Next Morning, AKT interviewed politician and agreed with his statement. He highlighted the female politician in a negative light.

When the interview went on air. Bhaskar times received a massive backlash on twitter and other social medias especially Aditya Kumar Tripathi and demanded his termination and apology. He had offended various females as well as supporters of the female politician.
#AdityaKumarTripathiGoBack along with #ResignAdityaKumarTripathi was trending #1 .

Other news channels took advantage of this and portrayed AKT as sexist and egoist. They went one step forward and revealed AKT was demoted and how he had married two women at the same time & cheated on them both. Also mentioning his last obituary article he has published. The male politician was himself an illiterate and practiced caste system. He had open criminal cases against him.

The female politician issued a statement condemning Aditya Kumar Tripathi and requesting Bhaskar Times for severe action to be taken against him. She had filed an FIR against the male politician & AKT for defaming her.

Few hours later, the male politician apologised for his remarks and shifted the blame to AKT. He explained his statement was published out of context. The interviewer was interested in this narrative and refused to hearing the whole incident. The interview aired was edited to fit the interviewer's narrative.

Bhaskar Times also released a statement & issued apologies to the female politician and promised to take strict action against Aditya Kumar Tripathi.

Aryan was looking at the news, he knew this would happen given Mr. Tripathi's biased opinions & temperament. If he had handled the interview from a neutral perspective then all this could have been avoided. That's the reason why he didn't object to his rude demand and easily agreed.

He received a call informing him his work was done.

Mr. Tripathi's termination letter was sitting on Aryan's desk the reason stated for his termination was defamation, false narrative journalism, poor performance, insubordination despite repeated warnings.

Aryan signed the termination letter and asked Mr. Roy to deliver it to AKT.

Imlie saw how things at escalated rapidly, she knew Aditya Kumar Tripathi will face some consequences for his biased journalism but she never expected the backlash he had received on social media.

AKT had went home after editing his interview, he watched the interview in Tripathi Niwas along with Tripathi's. He was quite happy with his work & was waiting for his new boss to admit his mistake and recognise his potential.

He saw the tweets & comments on his interview & was shocked at the response. His family worried about him.

Just then, AKT received termination letter.

Bhaskar Times released another statement that they have investigated this matter and found Aditya Kumar Tripathi guilty as result AKT is terminated effective today.

That night, Aryan went back to his room, looked at his & Arvind Jiju's photo & smirked.

"Jo zillat apko uss bloody journalist ki wajar se milli aaj usse wo hi mil rahi hai. Ye sirf shurwat hai, Mr. Tripathi. Let's see how will you deal with it when the media & everyone is against you because of someone else."

And so the game begins.

You've got no place to hide
And I'm feeling like a villain, got a hunger inside
One look in my eyes
And you're running 'cause I'm coming
Gonna eat you alive

Your heart hits like a drum
(Oh, oh, oh, oh)
The chase has just begun
(Oh, oh, oh, oh)

Monsters stuck in your head
(We are, we are, we are)
Monsters under your bed
(We are, we are)

We are monsters, oh, oh
(We are, we are)
We are monsters, oh
Ah, ah, oh, oh

One misstep, you're mine
And you better stay clever if you wanna survive
Once you cross the line
You'll be wishing you would listen
When you meet your demise
Ah, ah, oh, oh

Your heart hits like a drum
(Oh, oh, oh, oh)
The hunt has just begun
(Oh, oh, oh, oh)

Monsters stuck in your head
(We are, we are, we are)
Monsters under your bed
(We are, we are)

We are monsters, oh, oh
(We are, we are)
We are monsters, oh

- (Monsters by Ruelle)