Chapter 24

He turned on his lights and looked at the person who haunted him "Imlie" he whispered.

Aryan froze thinking it was his dream again but he welcomed it. He remembered a quote from withering heights it was something like:

Haunt me
Drive me mad
but don't leave me
in the abyss where
I cannot find you

In that moment, he admitted to himself what he had been denying that he did feel something for her.

"Imlie" he sighted, walking towards her and hugged her tightly.

Imlie hugged him back "ABP" feeling guilty for making him worry.

"Hum sach mein yaha hai" she realised he was not responding to what she said and probably he hadn't heard her.

She patted his back trying to get his attention. Thinking about the way Aryan reacted whenever Arpita talked about finding Imlie a groom, she said " Humne Satinder se bhaag kar shaadi kar li"

Aryan took a full minute to process what she said. "What" he almost yelled.

"Don't lie, Imlie. Ye bohot bura mazak hai. Uss gabru jawaan se bhaag ke shaadi nahi ki tumne" he said.

Imlie laughed, "Ha, nahi ki hai". "Tum sach mein yaha ho?" Aryan asked.

"Nahi, hum tumhe satane aaye hai. Hum Imlie ki kalpana jo tumhare dil aur dimaag pe chaayi hai" she said.

Aryan just looked at her, she felt so real.
When Imlie didn't get Aryan's reply, she said "Hum yaha hai koi kalpana nahi".

Then she pulled his cheeks with both her hands "Akkadbagge? Tum kaha kho gaye"

"I'm Aryan Singh Rathore. How dare you pulled my cheeks. Jadoo ki tarah tum gayab kaha thi" Aryan said reigning his emotions in.

"Yeh ek lambi Kahani hai" she said.

AKT didn't know Imlie's whereabouts. Apparently, Aryan didn't know as well, it was clear from the way he behaved yesterday and ousted them.

He suspected Malini's mother had something to do with it.

Just then bell rang, and Malini had went to open the door. Police arrested her. AKT called his lawyer to bail Malini. AKT & Tripathi's learnt that Aryan Singh Rathore had registered FIR against Malini and somebody anonymous had dropped evidence against her.

The lawyer, AKT & Tripathi's saw a recording of Malini confessing her crime including the efforts she made to get close to AKT while being married to Imlie. And Malini asking the person to murder Imlie.

AKT & Tripathi's were shocked to hear. AKT felt guilty for ignoring Imlie. Had Aryan Singh Rathore not been in the equation he would've proposed to her. Maybe he can still try.

"Hum tumhe kaha tha na meri fire ka andaaza abhi nahi hai. Malini ko jail bhejne hum gayab hue. Alibi banane k liye pehle gundo ko hire kiya Malini ban ke aur Imlie ko kidnapper karne ki supari do. Phir unn hi chupke tumhe call kiya ye kehne ki hume madad chahiye. Apna phone waha chhod kar jaana." Imlie said

Aryan interrupted her "do you have any idea how worried I was? Koi andaaza hai. Aur agar tumhe kuch ho jata toh. Mujhe apne plan mein include kyu nahi kiya" he asked.

"Tum humari bohot madad ki hai. Malini ke khilaf FIR register kar ke." Imlie said

"Toh insab ka kya fayada hua aur tum chhupi kaha thi" Aryan asked

"Hum Rathore Mansion mein hi the. Arpita Didi ke room mein. Unhe pehle nahi pata tha" Imlie replied.

"Tumhe mujhe nahi kaha" Aryan said she had informed Arpita not him.

"Tumhe sunna hai aage kya hua" Imlie said looking at Aryan. She had ignored his question.

Aryan nodded his head.

"Phir humne gunde koi kidnapper banke Malini ko call karne kaha ransom ke liye. Wo paise le k aayi aur uss gunde se kaha mujhe maarne aur apne saare kaale karnaame usne uss gunde ko bola. Humne sab record karke police station mein bheja. Abhi tak police ne usse arrest bhi kiya hoga." Imlie said.

"Par tumne hume bataya kyu nahi" Aryan asked again.

"Kyunki aap mere sirf boss hai, Sir" Imlie replied & left his room, walking away from him.

She was angry at him because of their last conversation. If Aryan wanted Imlie to be only his employee he'll get only his employee, Imlie thought. Tumko toh hum dekh lenge.

Next Morning, Imlie didn't talk to Aryan. Only when he directly asked her something she would give him a short reply.

AKT called her to meet. Imlie went to meet AKT. He apologised saying that Malini & Aryan had come between them. He asked her for a second chance. AKT then explained to her how Aryan had used her to get his revenge from him. He narrated the whole story.

Without saying anything, she went back to Rathore Mansion.

Aryan had heard from Arpita that Imlie had gone to visit AKT. Seeing her enter lost in her thought, he wanted to know what did that man said to her.

Luckily, Arpita asked her. Imlie replied AKT wanted a second chance.