3. Friends???

"Achcha laga tumse milke", Akshara finally spoke after a 5 minutes of silence

"Achcha laga tumse milke", Akshara finally spoke after a 5 minutes of silence. Once she finished talking about Akshay, none of them said a word. Silence fell over the room until and unless she broke it with her sentence.

"Mujhe bhi.....after a really long time. It felt good talking to someone", Abhimanyu replied. They were now very much relaxed while talking to one another. None of them knew that their evening would go out to be so simple and sweet.

"But I have a request, please reject me on your own. Tell your family that you didn't like me", Akshara said turning a bit serious.

"But, that's what I was about to request you for", Abhimanyu complained. "My mother forced me for this rishta and so I had it planned that I will ask the girl to reject me herself infront of her family so that my Mother can't blame me for making excuses", he told her. He knew what a mess Manjiri would make if he would reject Akshara himself especially after seeing how much his mother liked Akshara from the very first meet itself.

"And if I will reject you saying that you are not my type, then my family will keep fixing our meetings again and again until you become my type. My Dadi is already your fan now. I saw her admiring you. Plus it's my family. I know them", she said with a pout. "Please Mr. Abhimanyu Birla, help me this time", she pleaded.

"Okay fine......I'll manage", he stated giving up too soon infront of her pleadings and saw her grinning at him again. "Thank you so much!!!", came her elated response.

On the the other hand, downstairs, the two families were busy talking when Manish raised a question. "I am sorry to ask this, but I heard that Abhimanyu was a top surgeon, the best in his field......then why did he quit this profession?"

The Birla members face stiffened at this question. They exchanged few glances with serious expressions and the Goenka's realised that they triggered something bad.

"I am sorry from his side", Manish's wife tried to balance the situation. "He didn't meant it in any serious way. I am sure Abhimanyu needed a break, afterall, being a surgeon can be very tiring at times", she said to which Manjiri nodded slowly without meeting their eyes.

"Anyways, leave that! Let me show you the achievements of our children", Dadi spoke, trying to divert the topic and the Birla's nodded. She made them focus on the "Achievement's corner" of the living room where various certificates and trophies of Arohi, Akshara and Vansh were placed. The Birla's were keenly looking through the trophies and appreciating the kids when Mahima's eyes fixed on a certain name written on one of the certificates and she asked- "Who is Kairav Goenka?"

Dadi's eyes welled up immediately at his mention. Arohi placed a hand on her shoulder to comfort her and answered- "He was our elder brother. But he....he died two years ago in a car accident-....." Arohi couldn't say anything further as her voice cracked at the mention of her late brother. Tears formed in her eyes but she blinked them back.