11. Something Was Changing

Yes

Yes....he was in love with her.
Yes.....he wanted to confess this to her.
Yes.....he wanted to declare this to the entire world that she belongs to him and he has always belonged to her.

But never this way!

"Akshara Goenka is my fiance", he announced shocking every single person present there including Akshara herself.

She immediately glanced at him as her lips slightly parted in disbelief......she was still trying to process what he had just said.

Abhimanyu instantly turned towards her, grabbing her hand and bringing her forward next to him while she kept on tightly holding on to his blazer that was wrapped around her with her other free hand.

"I will repeat this again, so that there is no room for any confusion. Akshara is my fiance.......our marriage is already fixed by our families and we are going to get engaged soon", his stern voice once again shook everyone present there.

He tilted his neck in her direction and his eyes immediately softened seeing her. She was still dazed by the scenario and was blankly staring back at him.

"Tell them Akshara.....say the truth", he asked, squeezing her hand lightly bringing her out of her trance. "Please....", he whispered, almost pleading, which was only audible to her.

"Ye-....yes", she uttered upon sensing that her silence was turning him restless. "Yes......he is my fiance", she said, looking straight at him and caught a slight glimmer in his eyes.

She gulped, and turned her attention towards everyone present around her. "Yes, he is my fiance", she repeated, this time, in a more confident manner.

Akshay's jaw dropped upon hearing her statement.....this was unbelievable for him. He knew it was a lie. He knew they were lying. How could Akshara, who was few days ago his girlfriend could now be getting engaged in such a big family?He knew it was Abhimanyu's excuse......still, he couldn't think of any way to prove it. He was so close to winning this game, yet Abhimanyu had made sure that he won't get to taste his victory.

"What do you all have to say about this?", one of the person, present from the media shot a question towards the Birlas and the Goenkas who stood there like statues, without uttering a word.

Manjiri looked at the Goenkas, who still had their eyes lowered in shame........But, shouldn't she and her family be the ones lowering their heads in shame for indirectly being a reason for the death of the Goenka's son Kairav and then also for hiding the truth from them? Ever since she had known the identity of the person that died, she wasn't at peace. Guilt was killing her every moment and the fact that the Goenkas were standing right infront of her made her weak. She felt like a criminal while standing infront of them......and she needed to do something in order to reduce this burden of guilt.

"It's true......Akshara is soon going to be our daughter in law", she declared confidently. This was the least she could do for the Goenkas after all.

Her firm declaration turned the tables. Harsh stared at her, trying hard not to show his panic but the Goenkas gained confidence after listening to her words and looked up meeting her gaze.