chapter 1- first day.

I wake up at 6:00AM to my alarm clock going off. I turn it off, sit up on my bed and just stare at my wall not completely awake for a good five minutes until my mom yells at me.
"Y/N GET YOU FUCKING FAT ASS UP!"
" Ok! I'm getting ready!" I say yelling back.
Great. Another day in paradise. I used to be scared shitless of her but now I'm used to it and it just annoys me. My mom has been this way sense dad left us. She is convinced it was all my fault, soon she started drinking all the time and only talking or noticing me when she needs to let her anger out.
I put on a comfy outfit.

I brush my teeth, mess with my hair and get my cassete tape with my headphone

I brush my teeth, mess with my hair and get my cassete tape with my headphone. I'm a little nervous sense it's my first day at Hawkins high school. I moved here about three days ago but i had to basically put everything we own in our house because my mom was too drunk to help so i decided to start school a little late.
I head down stairs and my mom stops me before i head out.
"Your going like that to school? You look like a freak!"
"Yeah, whatever mom." I say as i walk past her, grabbing my bike.
I put on my headphone and play 'should i stay or should I go' because it's one of my favorite songs.
After a few minutes i get to school, park my bike, take a deep breath and walk in. I get a few stares and chit chat about me probably as i walk to the office but i choose to ignore it and turn up the volume of my music.