18

For the rest of the day, I was organizing everything. My goal by the end of the day was for everything to be settled in so I wouldn't have to do anything the next day. I am a bit of an organization freak so I was doing everything I possibly could to get my small apartment to look like someone out of a Pinterest photo. Yeah, I was trying to be one of those girls.

Jackson was coming and going from my apartment. He was like my little soldier today. I enjoyed it. I would ask him to run errands, and then he comes back, and then I ask him to do more. He seems mildly surprised by this but complies. I'm a little surprised as well. He's usually bossing me around. Haha! Not today!

Since we're working up a sweat, I change into normal clothes which are Nike shorts and a t-shirt that looks like it belongs to a VSCO girl.

Well, I'm not working up a sweat. He is though. I've asked him to re-arrange my whole living room at least 3 times now. Somehow though, he seems perfectly happy to do so.

"Why are you being so nice right now?" I question him.

"What do you mean?" He says resting his hands on his hips, observing the couch he just moved.

"I've made you move around the living room like 3 times now. What's up with that? And, you haven't even yelled at me once! Not even an annoyed tone from you!" I say. He looks at me.

"I'll do whatever will make you happy." He says, looking back at the couch.

"See!? This is what I mean!"

"What?" He says raising his head to look at me, brows furrowing.

"You're being nicer than usual. That's all. I'm not complaining though. You do you."

"Uh okay. Anyway, how does the couch look?"

"Can you put it on the wall behind you?" I say. He looks at the wall behind him; the wall he just moved the couch from.

"Okay." He says, wiping the sweat from his brow and kneeling back down to get the large piece of furniture.

"No! I was joking! It looks great where it is. Thank you, Jackson."

"No problem."

"So, what'd you get?" I say walking to the counter and peering into the Target bags he had just gotten this morning.

"Nothing that has to do with egg sandwiches." He says walking behind me and pouring the items out of the bags.

"You bitch!" I say playfully slapping his shoulder and grabbing various ingredients for egg sandwiches out.

"Thank you, Jackson, I appreciate how you're helping me," I say, and decide that I'll be risky. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him in for a hug. My body molds with his.

"I am happy that you're helping, even if I call you a bitch or a loser, I do appreciate it," I say.

"Anything for you." He says, burying his head into my neck.

"Aw, that's nice. Now, I want to spice things up a little bit. How 'bout Ramen?" I say waving a spoon in the air.

"Sure," He says walking over to the island and sitting on one of the stools.

"Sounds like a plan!" I say and prepare the water, boiling it, and then add the noodles.

Once I have both the bowls ready, I bring them over to the counter and grab forks. We start eating the extremely plain Ramen.

"I should branch out and find different flavors than chicken," I say mostly to myself.

"You're right," Jackson says, but doesn't look so as he's stuffing his face with the wet noodles.