memories (2)

Memories Pt 2 - When love knocked on his heart

...

Two nights....

It have been two nights since Neil have been sleeping in the living room.

By now the uncomfortable sofa was his friend, the only friend being precise.

"Mom this taste so good. You should try it too" Avni stuffed roasted chicken in her mouth and upon discovering a delicious taste, offered it to her mother-in-law, Swetha, who don't have a heart to decline to anything requested by her beloved daughter.

Putting a piece in her mouth, Swetha squealed like Avni, "This is so delicious that it satisfy every craving" In the time of their food bonding, someone was glaring at them constantly. 

That someone was no one then Neil Khanna. 

After Neil got to know about the sin that he committed years ago, no one in the house seemed to care about him — almost making him be invisible. 

"Ahem, can someone....." Neil should applaud himself for having courage to interrupt ladies time of loving food. 

He sure does have a bad habit of coming in between women and their food!

Feeling their glares on him, Neil felt sweat forming on his forehead and back of neck, "can you.. ah, can you pass me rice?" His beloved ladies bring the rarest emotions out of him. A fearless DCP was full of fear in front of his mother and wife. 

What happened next shocked Neil.

Instead of yelling or ripping hairs out of Neil's skull. They both smiled and Avni sweetly passed the rice to Neil, "thanks wifey" Nervously laughing Neil start to pour them in his plate, "I love doing your work Neil stop making me feel bad" 

Hearing Avni saying this in such a sweet voice made Neil drop the rice spoon and choke on his saliva, "What are you doing Neil? You need to be careful" Seeing Neil choked, Avni ran to his side and poured a glass of water. 

She was patting him with worried expressions visible on her face, while Neil was side eyeing Avni as he was drinking water. In her concern for Neil, Avni moved her dinner plate on the available next to Neil and stayed there for the rest if dinner time. 

If during previous two nights Avni's actions didn't take Neil's life away, they will surely tonight. 

After dinner, everyone were sitting down watching movies - just having a fun family time. And to Neil's luck it was such a nice day to be part of family time, when his dad is out on a business trip and two angry ladies are plotting something against him in their mind.

Life was going great for Neil.

"It's late now and we have an event to attend, better to have some sleep beta" Swetha looked at the huge clock on the wall showing 1:45 A.M in Roman numerals. Avni smiled and gave a big huge to Swetha saying good night. 

As Avni got near the stairs and didn't feel anyone walking behind her like previous nights, she frowned and turned around to find Neil, who she was expecting to be behind her like a lost puppy sitting on floor with his back against the sofa.

Avni tiled her head, "Neil aren't you coming?" Hearing her question made Neil's heart skip a beat but he told himself to not rise his hopes up high, "I... what did you say?" Neil wanted to be sure and not let his ears play games. 

Avni smiled, "it's super late and a beauty sleep is much needed Mr. Husband" Neil was shocked but happy. Finally his married life was getting on track and his wifey was forgiving him for the stolen chocolate. Neil nodded his head and got up and walk with Avni to their room. 

Before he could reach and hold Avni's hand that she have already moved forward for Neil to hold. Swetha called Neil, making him frown as Avni moved her hand back, "Neil I want to talk with you. Avni beta you ready for bed" nodding her head, Avni left to give privacy to mother-son. 

"Aren't you happy that Avni forgive you?" Swetha teased Neil seeing his sulking face, who just huffed making Swetha let out the laugh that she was holding back.  

"I have told Avni something special which melt her heart" Neil was confused hearing his mother. What did she say now?

"So Avni decided to forgive me because of you?" Swetha smiled, "she decided to forgive you because of you and your love Neil not because I told her too. You know even if I told her to forgive you, she won't do it." Neil was getting more confused with each word that was leaving his mother's mouth. 

"Can you not play riddles mom? I'm scared for my life" Swetha cleared her throat before dropping a bomb on her son.

"I told her about the day you realized the love and importance Avni had in your heart" As soon as those words left from Neil's lovely mother's mouth, his breath hitched. 

No anything but that day!

Thinking about that day dies make Nell happy but it mostly make him cringe on his immature self. That Neil didn't know how to handle things or his feelings. It was cute to others but embarrassing for Neil so, why tell Avni about that day when there are fifty million other things to share?

"Now go to your room, Avni would be waiting for you Neil"

Neil put his head in his hands and slowly whispered, "it is dangerous to go down the line of our memories" 

 ...

hey! I hope you liked it! I don't know why but I decided to pin the whole part down in parts. There might be 2 or 3 more parts of this depending on how much I write and how things fit in. 

Fun fact: this os or situation is part of a unpublished Avneil au book, which I don't think I might publish anymore lol!

I'm slowly making my brain get on the old track with good skills of imagination and writing so please bare with me for few more weeks. 

I will post every weekend from now on

Please do share this book +like+Comment