chapter 1

"Kyra.. Wake up dear.. This is not good, you sleep for very long time now a days.." Shouted my alarm clock opening the curtains and switching the fan off.

"Maa.. I am awake... Stop now. " i said curled out off bed.

"Dare you sleep again."she left saying this.

I dragged the curtains, switched the fan on and went back to sleep. But not for long. I had to wake up when i heard maa shouting again from downstairs.

After getting fresh i went down and asked for coffee.

"Go make it yourself." Maa said from the office room.

"Saare kam mujhe hi krne padte hai is ghar mein."(I have to do all the work in this house.)

While in the kitchen I heard the door bell ring, it was so called 'pados wali Sharma Aunty'. She came to invite my mom for her daughter's baby shower.

"See that girl is younger than you. "She said in a serious tone.

"So what should i do maa?" I playfully pulled her checks.

"Get married what else... See you are getting older and if the age of marriage passes then how will u find a perfect partner. And whats wrong on getting married now if some or the other day u have to?" She said

"Everything will be wrong maa. He should not be just anyone, he should be the one who helps me find myself. Who cares for you the way I do.And most important, I am turning 27 not 47...so please stop. I love you Maa." I said.

And she was smilling again. I love those moments when she is happy.

A tear rolled down my checks. Knowing that she wont be here to wake me up. Maa passed away a month ago. How?..
Heart attack.

I heard the doorbell ring. With a heavy heart I curled out of the bed and opened the door.

Roopa massi was standing there.

"Massi what are you doing here? That too with all these bags."

"Beta your bua (Aunty) sent me here to take care of yours. And why are you crying?"

Roopa massi was the fulltime care taker at Bua's. Since my childhood I liked to be with her and loved the food she made.

"Aree massi... Actually memories of maa are not leaving me alone.

"Ok soo i have something for you."

She stepped aside and I saw coco sleeping peacefully in his small basket. I jumped out of exitement and picked him up.

"But Bua said she is giving him away!"

"But she knows that you love him a lot."
"Thank you"

I sat on the couch playing with coco when massi brought me a coffee.

"Here your phone was ringing."

"Hello." I said keeping the coffee mug down.

"Di, you please come fast, she tried to suicide. We are taking her to the hospital."she said hurriedly.
It was dipti. Priya's caretaker.

I picked my bag pack and started towards the door. I was running so fast that I tripped over nothing.

"Where are you going?" I heard massi asking. Unknowingly Told her not to worry, and that I would be back till the evening.

It took me almost 20 mins to reach the hospital. After asking the receptionist I took the lift for second floor.
Running in the corridor I bumped into a man. Or you can say i almost had a fall on him. But continued running without saying anything.

Dipti was standing near the ICU door. She looked horrified, she was shocked and she was trying to hold her tears.
But started weeping as soon as she saw me.

After an hour, doctors came and told us that they were successful in saving her.
"Dr. Kyra, may I have a talk with you please." Said the cute doctor there.

Stop kyra, what are you saying. This is about Priya.

"You have to be careful Dr. Kyra. She is not that stable yet. And please take care that this doesn't happen again. Cause next time we may loose her."

I knew that this was gonna come. But she was stable till the last time i saw her. Which was a month ago as I was unable to attend the clients due to maa's rituals.

"I'll look forward to this. Thank you Doctor."I said shaking hands with him.

Looking out of the window, I was trying to process the words I just heard.
When there was a tap on my shoulder.
I turned to find a very handsome guy standing in front of me.

He had a perfect sharp nose, a well maintained body, a height anyone can die for and most beautiful pair of eyes.
He had the top buttons of his shirt open.
And the silver chain shinned through it.
God he was hot.He was Mr. Handsome.

"Excuse me." He said. He had a bold and oddly satisfying voice.
"Yaa.. Do we know each other??" I said gaining my sences back.
"Actually no, but you just bumped into me then."
"I am really sorry for that. I was in such a hurry that i didn't even waited to say sorry." I said feeling embarrassed for what I did.
"No.. Its all right.. I just thought I should say hii as u seamed to be worried." He said and smiled.
Yaar he has the perfect jaw line.
" Thank you. Mr.. "

I was gonna ask for his name when the ward boy came to inform him that his wife gave birth to a baby girl.
That was when I realised I was standing near the maternity ward.

After hearing the news he was very happy that he excused and ran to his wife.

While walking to the ICU I saw the outfit I was in. Black oversized tee tucked in perfect light blue jeans. With sliders and open hair. Whole jungly look.

Watching Priya on the hospital bed I was broken. As if I failled this time.
She saw me and stared crying.
"Please dont stress yourself Priya.I am here and I love you."

She took my hand in hers,Said sorry for what she did but said that she was tired.
This was the first time I had no words. She was looking at me, to here from me, but i was blank.

That was when the nurse entered with a newborn. And handed the baby to the man I was talking to few mins back.
The shine in his eyes was beyond the world.

"Priya look at the baby. And her father. The pride in his eyes.
Your father was in the same condition 23years back. He gave his everything to keep you happy.
Its up to you. Choose wisely
You want to live for the man who loves you more than anything or anyone in this world or die for the one who left you alone." I said. Those were my last words with Priya that day.

Later I completed the formalities and went back home.

But I was hopping to meet Mr. Handsome later. But couldn't find him.

So how do you liked the chapter guyzz
What do you think will happen next??

So this is it for now..

I hope you liked it❤

And if you liked it then hit the vote button 🥰

Stay tuned for the next meeting of Mr. Handsome and Kyra.... 🥰

What do you think... What would happen next....

Till then take care😊