Chapter Four

TW: slurs

March 22nd 1986
4:27 PM
Argyle's Pizza van

Argyle and Jonathan had come to pick up the three teenagers and were shocked by the ambulance and police cars out front.

Will, El, and Mike had jumped into the car and made them speed off before they could ask questions. While in the car, Jonathan bombarded them with concern, and El caved and told them that a girl got hit with a roller skate.

"And she just- got schmacked?" Argyle asked.

Mike and El slowly turned their heads and glared at Will simultaneously. Will anxiously sank in his seat and frowned.

"Wanna explain?" El asked.

"Sh-She deserved it!" Will exclaimed.

"Deserved what?" Jonathan asked, zoned out from the drugs.

"Seriously?" Mike questioned, shaking his head in disappointment.

Jonathan was really high right now. After a long moment of silence and El and Mike staring at Will, he snapped.

"I hit her with the roller skate!!" Will snapped.

"WHAT?!" Jonathan and Argyle shouted.

Argyle nearly swerved on the road and everyone grabbed onto something for safety. No one got mad enough to yell at him, so Will kept explaining.

"I-I-She-" Will started stuttering, "She embarrassed me in front of the whole roller skating rink. They yelled slurs at me! Her friend filmed her dumping a milkshake on me!" Will shouted, motioning to his ruined shirt.

"Slurs?" Argyle asked.

"Yeah.." He whispered.

"Slurs- how..?" Jonathan asked.

"Th-" He sighed, "They called me a fag." He frowned.

"Oh, that's not cool, man!" Argyle frowned.

"Not at all," Jonathan agreed, shaking his head.

"I got angry-" Will started.

"Angry?!" Mike shouted, cutting Will off, "Just- 'angry'? What you did is illegal! When those cops showed up I'm surprised they didn't take you to jail!" Mike shouted.

"Calm down!" Jonathan shouted, getting mad at Mike, "C'mon.. were home.." he sighed.

They got out and Will ran into the house, ignoring Joyce, who was asking what happened to him and his clothes, and running right to his room.