Chapter Three - The Jimin Effect?

Seven can be an overwhelming number. We scrambled to start getting the guys dressed for individual portraits. Simeon had somehow gotten his shit together and was in full professional mode. Zara was trying her best to help Jin get styled... but I could see her hands shaking and fumbling everywhere. I approached her and told her she should maybe take a break, get some water, and maybe come back when the members aren't in the middle of getting dressed...for ARMY it was probably overwhelming....arm veins, ab flashes, collar bones, hair flipping, smoldering looks in the mirror...

Most of the other members were ready to go, except Jimin. He was fussing about everything. Looking in the mirror at every possible angle, tucking and untucking his shirt, pushing his hair back, fiddling with his makeup, checking his nails. One of his team was struggling to get his boots laced...I offered to help, crouching down to lace the surprisingly complicated Alexander McQueen boots.

I looked up to ask him in Korean if they were too tight...but before I could get a word out of my mouth, I was captured by his stare. As I kneeled at his feet, his gaze seemed to tease me, I can't explain it.

"N—neom," I stuttered. He smiled down at me, seemingly enjoying my sudden lack of composure.

"It's good," he said as if he already knew what I was asking him. I stood up, finding myself face to face with him, closer than I expected. He hadn't yet broken his stare, he smiled again...and spoke,

"Your eye contacts....nicer than mine. What brand?"

I smiled back nervously...unsure why I even felt nervous in the first place.

"Not eye contacts, my real eyes," I responded unintentionally mimicking his slightly broken English. A quick look of surprise flashed across his face, and his eyes turned innocent for a split second.

"Oh, lovely this color," he said still staring at me, but with a sprinkle of childlike shyness. I thanked him politely. 

I noticed his earring wasn't hanging properly. I reached out to fix it, and to my surprise, he grabbed my wrist, literally K-Drama style. The rest of his staff who was standing nearby stopped in their tracks, glancing from the corners of their eyes to see what he would do next. It seemed like their staff knew to be on high alert with him.

I felt my breath quicken. Did I upset him? Was I supposed to ask before touching?

His grip on my arm tightened slightly, he inhaled.

"The perfume," he said, "Tom Ford," he continued, "my favorite on a woman," as he let go of my arm.

I laughed nervously, "Yes, Tom Ford..."

I thought, 'WHO IS THIS GUY? Like is he flirting in a room full of people at work?!? Or is this just me being delusional to think that super famous Jimin of BTS is for some reason being flirty with me of all people? Or was he not even flirting and this was his default?!'

I backed away a bit, bowing slightly. I turned around to see RM watching us from the corner of his eye too. 'What is this all about?' I thought. 'Why are they watching him like hawks?'

I shrugged to myself, moving back into full professional mode.

One by one they went in for their portraits. I consulted on each look, making sure our vision was captured. I started taking mental notes on each member....

'J-Hope doesn't sit still and doesn't stop smiling for more than 2 seconds. But we managed to get a smoldering shot of him.'

'Jin was fascinating to watch. Between poses, he would say or do silly things that didn't match his alluringly handsome face.'