Christmas Eve Fun

Hello, and welcome to chapter 2. Like in chapter 1, I will be linking YouTube videos for your listening pleasure. It will be to go along with the story. I hope you enjoy. <3

                                                                                              *

It was Christmas Eve eve, and Riley sat in the coffee shop, a mug of coffee sat on the table in front of her with a slice of cake sitting next to it on a small side plate. She stared at their black phone screen and she gave a small sigh. Noticing out from the corner of eye, they noticed the small, soft, light and fluffy snowflakes fall from the sky. She stared out the window for a while, watching the trance of the snow fall down . A small smile sat on their face, leaning forward to clasp her mug of coffee and brought it to their lips, taking a sip, once again, looking out to the snow, slowly falling down from the sky.

Soon enough, she turned their attention to her phone, which lit up from a notification. A message from her mother, which read: Riley, if you get the chance to, can you please get a gift for your father? It doesn't have to be something big. Riley sighed, and once again, took a sip of their coffee. Her mug was almost empty and Riley felt satisfied with their stay, enjoying both the cake and drink. They got up, placing her phone in their pocket, soon clasping the tray with the plate and mug still sat on it, and took it to the counter, thanking the barista for their service. She made her way back to where they were sat, picking up the bags she had brought in, lining both of their arms.
Riley left the establishment with the bags slowly bumping into her sides.

Remember, I need to get something for dad. But what does he want? Riley thought to themself as she walked down the street, letting the aroma of food enter their nose, the cold wind hitting her skin, making their nose and cheeks turn a chilli red. Riley stood there for a moment and messaged her mother.
R: What does dad want?
The little bubbles appeared as Riley's mum typed her message, but they soon disappeared, then reappeared, and finally, Riley's mother's message appeared.
M: Anything. T-shirts, drinking glasses, socks. Anything. It's from you, remember? And plus, you have two days before Christmas.
R: I know. It's just... kind of hard to find him something when he doesn't express what he likes.
The bubbles appeared for a few seconds before they disappeared, and soon came back and the message appeared.
M: I know. But it's something and it's a start. Good luck.

Riley sighed and closed her messages, and turned off their phone, placing it back into her pocket, looking around to see where they could go to get her dad's present, and finally, they found the shop she was looking for, knowing that no matter what they got from there, she knew their dad would love the gift.

She made her way to the shop, and despite it being quite a small bookshop, there was a wide range of books. Vintage and old, brand new, children's, young adults etc. They made her way to the vintage section and browsed the shelves, until a few books caught their eye, in which she picked up and made their way to the counter, and waited in line, waiting to pay for the books.

She got to the front and placed the books onto the counter top, and waited for the books to be scanned.
"Would you like a bag Miss?" The person at the counter asked. Riley thought before they replied.
"Yes please." She soon piped up, watching the person behind the counter pick up a bag, soon placing the books into the bag. Once the books sat in the bag, and soon enough, it was time to pay.
"So that will be £22.50. Will you be paying cash or card?" They asked, giving me a short time to think.
"Card please." Riley smiled as the cashier set up the card machine, and Riley whipped out her card, tapping the card on the machine, and the transaction went through.
"Right. It's went though, thank you." They thanked.
"Thank you so much." Riley replied, picking up the bag and leaving the store.

Riley left the bookshop, with the bag in their hand, once again the smell of the food hit her nose and the freezing wind slapped their face, the chilli red colour quickly arose back to showing. Quickly, she made their way to a few more shops to get a few more presents for the rest of her family before they made her way to the bus, which was a ten minute journey back to where they needed to go.

Riley had got home, the outside being welcomed with the soft falls of the snowflakes. She made their way to the fire and turned it on, the warmth entering the room as the fire blazed. Riley placed the bags of shopping onto their sofa and took of her coat and woollies, taking them to their cupboard, hanging them up and stuffing her gloves into her coat pocket. Soon, they made her way back to the living room and upstairs, rummaging around to find her wrapping paper bag and found it in the corner behind some clothes. They made her way back to the living room and sat on the sofa, the bags slowly sliding down towards Riley's side.

After wrapping the presents, Riley sighed and smiled, grabbing a bag and placing them all in, making sure that the gifts were stacked from biggest to smallest, and some were sat down the sides of the stacked gifts. After relaxing for a bit and being warmed by the blazing fire, Riley arose and moved the bag to one side, soon going into the kitchen to make herself a coffee to further warm themself. Whilst the kettle boiled, Riley went upstairs to get changed and get a blanket for herself.
Soon enough, Riley, fell asleep on their sofa curled up letting the warmth of the blanket and the fire keep her cosy and safe.

                                                                                                        *

It was Christmas eve and Riley smiled as they woke up, rubbing her eyes and stretched, waking themself up. Getting up from off the sofa, Riley made her way to the kitchen to make themself some breakfast, and soon messaged her mum to let her know when they would be down at hers for that day.
R: Mum, I'll be down at yours for about lunch time. I'll also be bringing the gifts as well.
M: Ooo, good. See you soon x.
R: See you soon x.

Time seemed to go by quickly, Riley was at her mum's along with their cousins, aunts, uncles etc. Riley seemed very excited for Christmas, knowing that she could spend time with their family.