Chapter Two

+
🌊Tidal Waves🌊
📖Chapter Two📖
📚Book 1 of the Fear series📚
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I woke up to the heavy pitter patter of rain against my bulletproof bedroom window. Looked like I was not going to be attending school today. That's how aqua phobic I am. I crawled out of my warm bed which was covered in floral sheets. "Mom," I sighed, stepping into the hallway and into my mom's room. "It's raining, I'm not going to school." "Paige, you can't keep taking days off! You've missed seventeen days and it isn't even October yet." I sighed once again, disappointed that the one woman with aqua phobia also didn't understand. Kelly Hyland was born with the fear of h2o, like me. Except, little Kelly overcame it due to numberless therapy lessons. One billion therapy lessons wouldn't save me. "Mom, please, do I have to?" I began to cry. "Paige Mackenzie Hyland, no arguing, you are going to school, this is rediculous!" I made my way back into my bedroom, my face stained with heavy tears. I viewed my wardrobe of colourful clothes. Not one piece of blue clothing in sight. It was seven fifteen now, time to get dressed. I slipped on a purple shirt and a pair of white jeans before cleaning myself up in the bathroom. I feared even using my bathroom every day. I knew I had to handle water. I always washed my face extremely quickly. Effectively, but quickly. It was one of the worst parts of the entire day. I clenched my stomach as I glided down the stairs. I hadn't realised that I was so hungry. After making the decision of eating pancakes, I grabbed the spray and spritzed the pan. At last, it was time for school. I scooped up my green schoolbag and stared out of the living room window blankly. How did something so natural hold me back so much in life? Why was it me that born with aqua phobia? Why was it me that was born with any phobia? Shaking, I took my wine umbrella from behind the door and leaped outside to join my mom in the car, closing the door behind me.
💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧
The school day passed by in a muddle of books, binders and copies. Just as the day ended, I pushed and shoved my way out of the dull building. Overjoyed that the rain had stopped, I skipped down the road until I came to Tescos, then I began to stroll. I felt as if somebody was watching me, spying my every move. Now, you'd think that I would just brush this off, right? No. I got totally freaked out! I felt as if I was going to be abducted sooner or later. I started power walking. Then jogging. Then running. Then full on sprinting! By the time I got home, the feeling of anxiety and panic had washed away, like it had never been there in the first place. I decided not to tell my mother about this. I felt and urge not to... Curiosity took over me. I stepped outside of my front door and waited. Waited for the abduction. As far as you and I know...