Chapter Six

+
🌊Tidal Waves🌊
📖Chapter Five📖
📚Book 1 of the Fear series📚
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
My mind was somewhere else. Anywhere else, because if it was not, I would not have waded into the rippling h2o, waist deep. I felt my cotton pyjama bottoms stick to my legs as they absorbed the cool water. "Good," they steroid voice echoed. "Now I won't hurt you." Impetuously, I swung my head around to take a look at the far shore. The undisclosed silhouette lurked in the corner of the sector, smeared in the long shadows of the haunting willow tree stowed behind it. Its presence caused me to hold my breath in trepidation. A moment passed, me still in an uncontrollable possession. I suddenly snapped out of my sleepy dwam and let out a huge scream of consternation of being locked inside the aqua. "This is the worst day ever!" I yelped, making my way to the golden sand, my face blemished with plump tears. The personage began to make it's way towards me and my heart sunk. "I said I wouldn't hurt you. I never said I wouldn't hurt you friends."
💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧
"Paige, breakfast is ready!" My mother hollered up the stairs to me. I finished winding my thick hair round my curling iron and took one last look in the mirror before heading off downstairs. Last night. Last night was a total blur to me. All I remembered was being told that if I faced my fear, I wouldn't get hurt. But my fear, aqua phobia, seems impossible to overcome. To me at least. The next thing I knew, I was back in bed again, just to be shaken awake by Brooke-Marie. Like I've said before, every drop of water equals a tidal wave. Waves of fear washed over me every time I approached water, waves just as big as them. I didn't like having a phobia, nor did any of my friends, but we all had to deal with them. And possibly face them.