O7.

Chapter n. 7, 

P R O M I S E S

You fit the key in the lock, when the door rang you opened it, letting the boys who were with you pass

You fit the key in the lock, when the door rang you opened it, letting the boys who were with you pass. You decided that your house would be fine due to the fact that you were alone most of the time, but apparently your mother decided that today would not be one of those days, or at least not for a few hours.

"Welcome!"

The voice made your hair stand on end, when you wanted the house for yourself only once you couldn't have it. The footsteps were heard throughout the house until you saw your mother's surprised expression, probably because you never brought someone home in your life, much less handsome boys.

"You should have told me that we had visitors, what a joy to know that you finally have friends!" she laughed outrageously leaving you in shame "Or who knows, maybe a boyfriend."

That's all, you wanted the earth to swallow you when you saw how her eyes sparkled, probably when she saw the flirtatious setter.

"What's your name young man?"

"Oikawa Tooru, nice to meet you"

"What a great name."

She muttered looking at the other boy without interest but asking his name out of politeness.

"Mom, stop, we have to do a project."

You pushed her out of your room, warning with your eyes that she wouldn't even think of putting her snout where she wasn't called, with a heavy sigh you closed the door letting yourself fall on your bed, to be more comfortable. Sometimes you hate having to deal with your mother.

"Wow, those stars are great."

Oikawa pointed to the ceiling where your space decoration was, you tried not to look flustered at his comment, smiling at him. He at least he didn't think they were childish

You were deciding what activity you would organize in the festival for several hours because you always doubt if it was a good idea to do some things. Throughout the afternoon you and Iwaizumi exchanged glances, he wanting to know more about you and you trying to admire his face more. That had not gone unnoticed by the setter, who pouted at the way you looked at each other and ignored him.

"Well, I have to go now."

Oikawa picked up a couple of notebooks to get up, leaving both teenagers confused.

"We're not done with everything yet, trashykawa."

"I remembered that I have to take care of my nephew, I trust you two to finish!"

He winked at his friend to close the door quickly leaving an awkward silence, in the distance you could hear how your mother affectionately said goodbye to the boy while the tension grew in your room.

"Honey, I'm leaving!"

She yelled from below, why did you have to have the house alone right now? You looked at Iwaizumi who hadn't moved his eyes an inch from your figure, you cleared your throat and began to detail the information. When your elbows collided because of the proximity, you exchanged glances again, this time without breaking eye contact, since both of you were trapped in the other's eyes. Without realizing it you cradled his face against your palms, causing a slight pink to paint the boy's cheeks. Still you didn't flinch.

For a few seconds you forgot about the overwhelming silence in the room, it felt strangely good to be close to him, it was a warm feeling. But it was starting to burn too much. You quickly removed your hands from his face, now both were blushing, you apologized several times seeing how he denied.

You felt the cold of your nerves again. You began to write without daring to look at him, Iwaizumi was still static in his place, wanting your hands to touch his cheeks again, he wanted to feel the warmth of your caresses again.

"Do you know...?" he started to speak, causing your breath to catch in your throat "It may sound weird, but I think we've met before."

The pencil slipped from your fingers, making a dull noise against the floor, you swallowed saliva biting your lip.

"You too?" Your voice came out like a whisper, although it wasn't your plan "Have you dreamed of me?"

For the first time you dared to look directly into his eyes, burning with life.

"Yes."

He approached you, the unexpected confidence made you step back a few inches, breaking eye contact you looked at the ground, your heart skipped a beat as you felt his arms encircle your figure protectively. Your heart began to pump rapidly and you tried not to let your breath quicken at the physical contact.

Iwaizumi didn't know why he was hugging you, he just felt that he should do it and he got carried away by his impulses and instincts. You wanted to get him away from you, you didn't want to seem weak to anyone but your body didn't react, a couple of tears came out of the sides of your eyes and the hug became tighter, your cheek rested on his shoulder while you felt his calm breathing in your ear.

"I will protect you, I promise."