🌿chapter one🌿

🍄total words before edit 435🍄

🍄total words after edit 819🍄

🌿chapter one🌿

🥀Sabre's pov🥀

I hold up the lustrous sundial that was given to me ages ago. Recently I've been both excited and nervous. For me this is usually a strange yet joyful event. I've always been alone when the rift opens up. I mean, it's opened up with other beings being in the world, but that was a time when me and one of my friends were in a world together. So we had to explain to everyone who was  there, that there was going to be an opening in time and space for someone that we knew, to walk through. That person being our other friend. But this time I'm not going to be the only person to inhabit this world. The time after that we were forced apart by some god. we didn't really get his name. But anyways, I was only brought to this world a couple years ago. The sundial only opens up every thousand years. But every thousand years is when we actually get to see each other. If I remember this correct, one of my friends was brought into the world that the so god was in. They had made some sort of deal just for us to see each other. Anyways, I'm getting sidetracked. The Steves are great, I mean I was in a world with Steves before this one. But they don't understand how I was brought here. All they knew was that there was supposed to be a savior brought into their world to save them. Which later I found out that it was a made up prophecy. They think that they know a lot about me, but they don't necessarily know me, the true me. As I get lost in my thoughts from thinking about this event, I get interrupted by knocking on the door who presumably is Time. I acted as quickly as I could, not wanting whoever was there to know about my secret, to then quickly slide the sundial under the bed I was sitting on.

"Hey Sabre, You ok?" Time calls to me from the other side of the door.

"You don't necessarily stay in your room for this long." Time adds on with a bit of worry.

"Yeah, I'm okay." I muttered to him as normal as I could without freaking out. "You can enter if you'd like."

Time opens the door, not than a second later, and looks at me with a worried but reassuring look. Though in the meantime, I'm internally panicking. Is he thinking that somethings off about me? Did I have an important meeting that I missed? Is the sundial glowing? I look at the reflection from the window of my room to see a tiny glow from underneath bed. Of course, it's glowing. It had to be by now. But did I cover it with the bedsheet after sliding it under the bed? Can he tell that I'm panicking?

"... Are you good?" Time finally asks. I facepalm after I recall to myself that Time can literally tell if something is wrong with someone or not. He's always good at that. Unlike everyone else, who just ends up overthinking about me and then just shrugs it off like it's nothing.

"Yep, I'm good." I say, giving Time an enthusiastic thumbs-up in the process. "Everything is A-OK"

Times gives me the look. In which looks like he knows that Im lying. Which I pretty much am at this point.

"You need to work on your lying skills Sabre. By doing what you just did made me assume that somethings off. More than I did before" He ranted.

"You know maybe I do need to work on my so called lying." I blurted out while standing up.

"Lets just get to the point," Time confesses while sitting down on my desks chair, motioning me to do the same. 

"What's making you stay in here longer than normal, Sabre?" He says pleading me to respond with a decent answer.

"Say that again?" I recall to Time.

"What's bothering you Sabre. Something is clearly off about you."

Silence is all that's heard throughout the room. I'm mentally trying to decide if I should jump out the window or to just tell time about the sundial.

As time slowly progresses, he points to his left, in the exact spot where I slid the sundial under the bed. 

"Theres something glowing under your bed Sabre"

"Alright, you caught me Time" I respond as I stand up to just squat back down to remove the sundial from underneath my bed. As the sundial is fully out from underneath the bed Time notices it. His face in awe, at this faint glowing piece of glass, that's held protectively in my hands. He opens his mouth to ask a question but closes it as soon as he realizes what it is. He finally continued to confirm his question,

"Sabre, is... that a sundial?"