Chapter 5

I woke up the next morning and I was shocked to find myself in my room. I'm pretty sure I fell asleep on the couch, unless Brass carried me to my room. I tried to sit up, but I felt a little bit pain.

I look down and I saw bandages on me, he must've fixed me up from when Bethany attacked me. I grabbed my phone and I went through my contacts and found Marcie's phone number. I pressed the call button and I waited for her to pick up.

"Hey sugar. Nice of you to call me on this fine Saturday morning." I heard her on the other side.

"Marcie, there's something I need to tell you that happened to me yesterday between me and Bethany." I said.

"Tell me honey." she told me.

"Yesterday, when I was walking home from the café, I felt like I was being followed. Bethany was following me." I started off.

"Now why would she do that?" she asked me.

"Because she attacked me." I told her.

"SHE DID WHAT!? PLEASE TELL ME SOMEONE STOPPED HER!" she asked me.

"Yes, a skeleton named Brass pulled her off of me and fixed me up, he's my roommate." I told her.

I heard her sigh with relief on the other side, "oh thank god, send me pictures and I will send it to court." she told me.

I said okay and I ended the call and I took pictures where Bethany attacked me and I sent them to Marcie. I placed my phone on my nightstand and I looked up at the ceiling.

I then heard a knock at my bedroom door. "Come in." I said. I then saw Brass enter carrying a plate of food.

"Hey, just came in to bring you breakfast, you're gonna be sore for a few days, just take it easy." he told me.

"I will, I called my boss and told her what happened." I said as he set the plate on my nightstand and sat down on the edge of the bed.

"And what she say?" he asked me.

"She told me to send her pictures of what Bethany did and that she was gonna take it to court." I told him.

He nodded his head. I then realized, I knew completely nothing about him, and yet he knew a lot about me.

"Since we're roommates, why don't you tell me about you, I already told you about me." I told him.

"Well, as you know, my name is Brass, I have a brother, his name is Yanyan. I have a crack on my skull underneath this bandage. And I came from the underground where this kid saved us, but soon died." he told me.

He then started to go off into detail about his time in the underground. I felt really bad for what the monsters went through, they shouldn't have been imprisoned for something they didn't do. Maybe that's why I sometimes hate humans.