Chapter 3: At Bay

Hope you like the new book cover!
I accept book covers! 😊

"Did you pack your sunscreen?"

Jacob nods his head and picks up his back pack throwing it over his shoulders, he stares at me before shooting me a huge cheeky smile. He runs towards the door, eagerly wanting to go to the beach.

"Is he your boyfriend Katie?"

I find my self struggling to push out words. Why would he think that?

"What? No. Don't think like that, he's only my friend."

He stays quiet and watches as a car passes by our collected neighborhood.

I watch Jacob as he looks around the room examining every object. He looks at me at his face instantly lights up, I smile as he runs towards me.

"Daddy," he chirps loudly.

My smile fades, as I see all the excitement wasn't for me.

"We're going to the beach Daddy!"

I turn around, and look at Josh. His eyes are cold and bitter and his face goes blank.

"With who?"

"With Katie's boyfriend," he wiggles his butt, emphasizing the word "boyfriend" hard.

"Oh really?"

His face goes cherry red and his hands ball into fist by his sides.

"He's not really my-," I'm hindered by his hand coming across my face. My hand goes to my numb face as I take a few steps back from his powerful hand.

By now Jacob has taken a few steps back and his face shows nothing but disbelief. Josh usually doesn't hit me in front of him, and I don't want Jacob to pick up his disgusting habits.

"Katie.. are you okay?"

"Grab our bags and go wait outside Jacob," I say sternly.

He hesitates for a minute, but listens and takes our stuff outside.

Josh walks towards me furiously and clutches my throw over in his manly grasp, causing my feet to be lifted off the ground. He pushes me against the wall with so much force that hot tears start to fall from my eyes.

"What did we tell you about hanging around boys, huh? Wouldn't wanna get pregnant again would we?"

His hand comes across my face again but this time much harder.

"Answer me," he spits in my face.

"N-no sir."

"That's what I thought. Be back within a hour."

I nod my head grab my cellphone off the living room table and hurry out the house. I look down the drive way to see Blake introducing my brother and his sister. I stand and watch as Blake's grin grows wider as he sees the two shake hands. He's probably going to be a wonderful farther, boy would I love for him to be my husband. I snap out of my dumb future trace and walk down to the end of the driveway.

"Well don't you look sexy," Blake winks at me while licking his lips.

"Not in front of my brother," I mumble.

His smile fades a bit, but not enough for the kids to notice. He stares at my face for a moment and I know He's about to the probably now red mark that's formed on my face, I speak before he can say anything.

"Ready to go kiddos?"

They both stare at each other and nod in unison. I reach for the bags but Blake beats me to it. I smile at him and walk over to his Maroon Pickup truck. Blake hops In the car and we pull off.