Chapter 4: Open sea

I sit on the beach as I await Blake, it's quite cloudy and I'm sure it's going to rain. I let out a sigh, as my hair swishes with the breeze.

"What's up bestfriend," I hear Blake say from behind.

I let out a chuckle and look up at the blackening Sky's.

Blake takes a seat next to me and gives me a sparkling smile, and for some odd reason my checks engulf in flames.
God, his smile is gorgeous
I look away with quick speed, not wanting him to see flushed checks. We sit like this for a minute or two, until he breaks the silence.

"So, what are you doing tomorrow?"

"Probably going to hang out with my bestie," I reply with a smile.

His eyes widen and wiggles his eyebrows, "Can I come?"

"No! Girls day out ," I shake my head and push him playfully.

"Aww, but Kate," he continue to whines like a 5 year old.

I ignore him and state up at the clouds,

"It's going to rain soon," I stated.

He nods his head, joining me to look up at the clouds.

He nudges me on my shoulder

"You know- "

Before he's able to complete his sentence, A loud pop is heard and water scatters across our heads.

He stands up reaching his hand out for me, I'm reluctant for amount but gladly take his hand.

He hoists me up letting go of my hand, and motions for me to follow him.

"Where the hell are we going?" I question as rain trickles down my face.

"pour mon bébé de la maison."

I moan, what doesn't he understand. I don't speak freaking Spanish !

"That was sexy, you'll be doing a bunch of that soon"

My mouth gapes open.

"Oh you pig," I say, picking up a handful of sand and launching it at his outspread shoulders.

His head twists around giving me a "challenge accepted" look as he picks up a ball of sand and hurls it straight at my face.

I shriek, grabbing another scoop of sand and lobbing it at his chest. We continue for the next 5 minutes, as the rain intensify's.

I look down at my sandy body and simper. He does the same while grabbing my small hand in his.

"Come on Dork."

🎄🎈🎄🎈🎄🎈🎄🎈🎄🎈

We sit peacefully on the long wooden deck , as we watch the rain fall from the sky.

Blake takes a sip from his warm brew, causing him to form a mustache. Faith and I giggle together, while Blake casually sits in his chair not recognizing the foam on his face.

He squints at the both of us while getting up , giving us the 'one minute' signal.

Faith grins at me and pulls my big hand in her small one.

"Come on! We're going to play dress up!"

I wasn't very fond of the idea, but I don't resist and let her drag me into the house and up the stairs.

I wasn't surprised as I walked into Faiths vibrant room. I take a seat on her small pink bed and watch as she fumbles around looking for something.

She glances back at me over her shoulder as to check if I'm still there. She gives me a wide grin, revealing her toothless gum. She turns back around and squeals.

She runs up to me and places her hands on my knees,

"I'll be right back! Don't move!"

She runs out, slamming the door in the process. I smile and look around her miniature room.

The wild strawberry pink covers her walls, with blue flower traveling beautifully around the room. Each blossom has a hook that holds a picture.

I observe each picture carefully. Everyone looks happy.
Their family complete.

My mind automatically compares my family to theirs. I try to shake the thoughts out my head, feeling a bit selfish.

A tiny throat clearing, makes me turn around, Faith stands at the door with a makeup box and a beam spread across her face evenly.

I grin back as she marches over to me. She opens the box in one swift move. She pushes my shoulders back and climbs onto my lap.

"Relax," she says applying various tools to my face.

After 15 minutes of Faith vigorously applying a variety of makeup's, she hands me a mirror and backs off my lap.

"Do you like it?," she asks in a concerned voice.

I put on a fake smile as I stare at myself. The makeup is splattered across my face, every spot is filled, wether its foundation, mascara and even a touch of lipstick on my eye.

I look at her and grin," It looks amazing."

She grins widely and rummages through the her drawers. She pulls out a princess dress and pulls it over her clothes.

I

Okay if you actually read this far , thanks! 💀
But I'm actually going to discontinue this book and try another book. I have been very uninterested and have another idea in mind. I haven't touched this book since December of last year and really think my other book will be a lot more interesting and better. If you could check it out that would be great ! First chapter should be posted soon. Thanks for the support on this book 🙂