On Making a Home - Day 19

On Making a Home (DAY 19) - #ssmonth2022
Young Sasusaku/Modern inspired (Sasuke kind of has Charasuke personality here, but not fully.)

.
.
.

When they were six...

"That's not how you do it, you dork. Let me show you."

"Who are you calling a dork, you idiot?"

Sasuke scowled at the chosen nickname and crossed his arms over his chest before pouting like a petulant child as his mom stood on the sidelines fixing their lunch, covering the growing smile on her lips behind her hand.

'They are so cute,' Mikoto thought as she brought a pot of soup to a boil.

Sakura, with her hair tied back in pigtails, rolled her eyes and placed a hand on her hip. "I already told you, Sasuke, that I wanted the blocks to go here. It will fall again if not."

"No it won't," he protested while bringing one of them up in front of them. "This one has 4 points, it will be more sturdy than the one with 2." His companion rolled her eyes before smacking it out of his hands. "HEY, SAKURA! WHAT WAS THAT FOR!?!"

"I told you that it won't work!"

"AND I TOLD YOU THAT—"

"Lunch is ready kids...," Mikoto called, finally intervening in the small dispute between her youngest offspring and his friend. After they had been seated and served, she cleared her throat to gain their attention. "What are you making?"

Sasuke looked over at the little girl seated next to him as she took a sip of her soup. "Well, we started out making a bridge, but I think now..."

"We're building the home we want to live in together when we grow up like you, Auntie Mikoto," Sakura said matter of factly, causing Sasuke's cherub cheeks to stain a shade of pink similar to that of her hair. He refused to acknowledge his Mom after that, due to her teasing him afterwards, but as they bid Sakura and her Mom farewell just a few hours later, Sasuke looked up at her with the most serious look on his face and said— "Someday, I'm going to marry her, Mom," before promptly walking away.

When they were sixteen...

"SASUKE UCHIHA! WHAT IN THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING!?!"

He ripped himself away from Sakura, his cheeks burning as his Mom entered his room with her hands on her hips. His girlfriend tried desperately to brush her pink locks back in place with her fingers whilst giving his Mom a sheepish smile. Sasuke wanted to stand up, but knew it wouldn't be a good idea right now and so he tried a different method of appeasing his mom.

"Mom, I—"

"Don't try to lie to me, son. Your Dad told me you wouldn't be home until later. Something about you told him that you were going to visit your brother, but when I called Itachi to ask him if you would be needing a ride home later... I was surprised to hear that he had no knowledge of your plans to visit. I put it all together and figured that you would be here with Sakura."

"I can explain..."

"Please do." A long pause where Sakura sat awkwardly on his bed (twiddling her thumbs) while he opened and closed his mouth... no words escaping as his mind suddenly went blank. Mikoto let out a sigh and shook her head. "Look son I understand how you feel. I mean I was young once... but you need to be careful. You are sixteen years old and still so young. You have your whole life ahead of you to build a home and life with Sakura. Please, just... be careful."

Sasuke bowed his head. "I'm sorry, Mom. I wasn't thinking about the consequences. We will be careful, I promise."

Mikoto shook her head and walked away, but not before making sure that his door would remain fully open, while his girlfriend stayed over for a visit anyway. 'We don't need any accidents,' she thought as she went to the kitchen to make dinner.

When they were twenty-six...

"You look beautiful, wife...," Sasuke said while bringing her hand to his lips, causing his bride to blush the same shade as her hair. "Is our wedding everything that you dreamed it would be?"

Sakura tucked her bangs behind her ears and gave him a soft smile. "Absolutely. And you, are you happy, Sasuke?"

Her husband gave her a cheeky grin, before giving her a sly wink. "As long as I'm still building my home with you, I'll be happy with anything, Sakura."