part 2

"hey yeonrin!" came a cry from the other practice room

"yes?" she called back, confused as to who was calling her.

"coach wants to talk to us about something." by this point, she'd figured out that it was soeun calling for her through the building, and at her words decided to go and see what the older girl was talking about.

she entered the room, only to find four other members inside, a relatively small gathering of members.

"right coach, everyone's here. what's happening?"

jihyun spoke, full of confidence but confused as to their small group size.

"well, with everyone preparing for the title tracks, the company has been finalising the tracklist of the album and has come to the decision that they will promote for a second time this season, as discussed when we talked you through how promotion periods are going to work."

"okay, and so you decided to promote us, the youngest members and soeun?"

somi asked, wanting to fully understand their motives. it was a weird decision to give the younger, and less experienced, members more promotion than the others.

"yes. you five are all relatively young and the song will fit your age perfectly. it's all about experiencing new things and entering a new realm, which is fitting as you'll have all just made your debuts."

vicky nodded at this. it seemed fair enough, especially from a marketing perspective. but she knew that fitting for her age meant cute and that was definitely going to make her struggle.

"tomorrow we'll start practicing the bsides and you'll get to listen to the song, but we thought we should let you know now so that you're not worried tomorrow."

soeun could kind of see what he meant by that. the company didn't want to scare them with the reality of a full work-load, but she knew that it would be a lot and it would fall on her shoulders as the leader to make sure that the young members didn't feel pressured whilst practicing and promoting two different songs as well as bsides. and she hadn't even thought about theatre performances for them yet.

maybe this would prove be too much for some of them.

"does anyone want to order a pizza?"

mirae looked up from her bunk.

"um, sure. what toppings are you getting?"

she replied, eager for any food. the group chat was relatively dead silent and she'd been looking forward to getting to know her dorm mates better.