08

Rose Fiore ||

I don't think I've ever seen Gio so anxious.

I mean pretty sure he has ADHD but this is different.

I watch as his leg bounces up and down with nerves. He breathes into his hand just waiting for the doctors to come out with some news.

Ryder isn't even acting like this. He's just sitting there silent. He hasn't moved or said a single word.

I don't think he can.

I place my hand on Gio's thigh and his leg stops. He locks eyes with me and he relaxes. He leans back and rests his head on his hand.

"I'm just nervous."

"I know."

We don't speak again. We don't need to.

A couple of minutes later the doctors come out and Ryder bounces up from the chair. Gio doesn't move except for his head he just looks in the doctor's direction.

"She's okay. She passed out due to being very dehydrated. We put her on fluids. She should be okay after that and you can take her home," the doctor tells Ryder.

"And the baby?" Ryder asks.

"The baby is okay as well, however, I don't advise for this to happen again. Or even close. This is not only bad for her but also the baby. So make sure she drinks lots of fluids and eats well."

"Can I see her? Is she awake?"

"Yes. Follow me." Ryder follows after him and I see Gio doesn't move.

"You're not going to follow?" I ask him. He shakes his head.

"I'm going to give them their space. I need a breather anyways."

He stands up and walks out of the hospital to go outside. I don't follow after him giving him the space he wants.

Well, what am I supposed to do now? I pull out my phone and see I have a missed call from Jess.

I call Jess back and the phone rings for a second before it's answered. "Finally you answer!"

"Sorry. A lot has happened."

"A lot bad? or a lot good?" I can hear movement in the back and other people's voices. She must still be at work.

"Bad," I sigh. Tonight couldn't have gotten any better. Sarcasm.

"Aw, I'm sorry sweets. But maybe I can make tonight better for you." I can hear the excitement in her voice and I just know this isn't going somewhere I'm going to disagree.

"And what would that be?" I say sarcastically excited.

"A girl's night. Me and you. I know this club and it'll be fun-."

I cut her off, "I'm in. I need a couple of drinks."

"I knew if we did something with drinking involved you would do it."