Chapter 4

"We should go to the drive in." Steven joked. Steven, Conrad, Austin, Jeremiah, and I were sitting on a couch at Laurels book party. The couch was small so I was basically sitting on Jeremiah.

"No. Weirdo." I said to Steven who made the suggestion of ruining Belly's date.

"You know what, let's go to the drive In." Conrad spoke up. I decided to stay quiet. Maybe Belly would want Conrad to come?

"You wanna go?" Jeremiah said to me.

"No I'm not ruining her date." I said back to him.

"Let's go." Conrad threw his keys to Steven. All three of them sat up. Jeremiah and I stayed on the couch. "You guys aren't coming?"

"No we'll stay here." Jeremiah said.

Conrad shrugged and they all left the building.

"Poor Belly." I laughed.

"Hey can we go outside and talk?" Jeremiah asked. I nodded and followed him outside to an area no one was.

"What's up?" I questioned as I leaned against the wall.

Jeremiah didn't say anything. He just stared at me.

"Jeremiah, what's wrong."

He looked at me. I could tell his brain was going crazy. He wanted to say something but he was stopping himself. He got closer to me. Almost trapping me against the wall.

"Jere-"

"Stop." He said. He got close to my face. His eyes were looking down at my lips.

He looked back up into my eyes. But something was different. His eyes didn't have the soft look like they usually do. They looked sad.

"I'm sorry." He backed away. "You wanna go swim or something?"

"Um yeah sure." I hesitantly said. What was going on with him. We walked back to his house where we changed into our swimsuits. I jumped into the pool waiting for him to come down.

I swam around for about 15 minutes before he finally appeared outside. "About time."

He jumped in the pool but something still seemed off with him. He wasn't his normal self.

"What's going on Jere." I swam to him. He reached his arms out so he was holding me. I wrapped my legs around him and his hands lingered on my waist. He put his head in the crook of my neck.

"Please tell me what's wrong." I practically begged.

He kept his head in my neck. "You."

"Me?"

"I'm going to fuck everything up."

"Look at me." I moved so he was looking at me again. "What are you talking about."

He took a deep breath. "I've tried to hide it. Tried hooking up with other girls to get over it. But no matter what, I can't stop thinking about you." My heart started pounding. Is he being serious or is this some sort of joke. "I'm sorry, I fucked everything didn't I?"

"No." I put my hands on his face. "How long have you felt like this?"

"For as long I could remember." His eyes were daggers looking into mine.

"I thought you always had a thing for Belly." I almost whispered.

He gave me a weird look. "No, it's you. It has always been you."

Should I kiss him? His lips are right there in front of me. No I can't. Before I could continue thinking his lips were on mine.

He kissed me so softly, he pulled away and looked into my eyes. "I think I love you." I took that as my que to continue to the kiss. I put my hand around his neck and pulled him in closer. This kiss was so passionate. It was everything I've ever dreamed of.