Chapter 4: Don't

Two days later, on her way to the lab to meet Tony, Cara was lost deep in her own thoughts. Ever since the return from their mission and the wedding conversation in the nursery, she hadn't seen much of Bucky and neither had Steve. There of course was the run ins in the nursery or in and out of training, but other than that it was like he was avoiding her. Knowing she needed to get to the bottom of this was frustrating her too. She and Steve were getting married tomorrow and the last thing she wanted was tension between the three of them. Decorations were already going up to set up an isle with seating on either side as well as an arch where the minister would stand just in front of it and she and Steve in front of him. Much to Steve's protest, Tony insisted on adding special touches to the big day, like a string quartet, all the decorations, as well as the final bill. She had to admit it was a bit much but she knew he meant well by it.

"Hey! There she is, our radiant lady of honor." Tony said clapping his hands together as Cara entered the lab.

She responded with a smirk and a raised eyebrow, folding her arms as she approached.

"Tony, you said this was urgent." She said skeptically.

"Yeah you tend to come right away when I say it's urgent, otherwise you usually just mill about and show up whenever you feel like it." He said giving her a look in return.

Rolling her eyes she unfolded her arms placing them on her hips in a way that told Tony to just get down to business.

"Right, anyway, with the big day tomorrow, I thought a certain little man might want a shiny new arm for the special occasion." Tony said standing up.

He offered out his hand, a small black and gold arm almost identical to Bucky's sat in his palm. Cara eagerly took it into her hands, eyeing it with tears brimming at the sight of it.

"Oh my gosh, it's so small." Cara managed to choke out.

"Right now it it, but since Uncle Tony is a GENIUS and put nanotechnology in it, it will grow with him and obviously if it ever needs a tune up, I'll be able to make any adjustments that- what are we calling him? Please tell me its not JJ." Tony rambled.

"No, absolutely not." Cara said disturbed at the thought.

"Thank God! Anyway, any adjustments Jackson may need, I'll be able to make them." Tony finished.

"Thanks Tony, this honestly means so much to me and I'm sure to Bucky as well. Enough to forget that you'd even consider that I'd call him JJ." Cara said with a laugh.

Tony smiled at her taking the tiny arm back and turned around to place it back in its holder. Without looking at her he pretended to fidget with something on the table.

"How are things with you and Robocop? He's seemed a little off since the mission." He asked casually.

Cara wasn't really sure how to answer. She wasn't really sure how they were. Ever since the whole moment in the nursery, he had been avoiding her. Blocking her from sharing his thoughts and feelings as well. But Cara didn't need their shared link to know of one thing for certain.

"I'm not sure. He hasn't really been himself since Steve came back... Honestly, I think he feels a little betrayed as well as jealous... I mean I get it Tony I really do, but Steve is and always has been, my soulmate. I truly love him." Cara said slightly sad.

Tony offered a brief weak smile before replying.

"Yeah we all know. It's almost sickening how perfect you two are for one another." Tony said jokingly.

Cara laughed lightly.

"No seriously, you don't see it but you guys are all perfect couple, kissing, sweet then the second you guys leave everyone gets sick. Huge mess every time." Tony continued.