STATION I

═ ☆. MISTA LET OUT AN OBNOXIOUSLY LOUD yawn. "Why do we have to go so early? Is the train station even open right now?"

Bruno tapped the dashboard clock. "It's already five in the morning. Going earlier means fewer people. It'll be easier for us to search the station and talk to the staff there."

"Still. It's not like the train station is going anywhere." Mista annoyedly flipped down the sun visor on the passenger side, slumping in his seat to try to avoid the sun shining determinedly in his face.

"We're beating the morning crowd of people going to work," Fugo said mildly. He was sitting next to you in the backseat. "It gets ridiculously crowded there. We might not be able to find anything if we're not efficient."

"My thoughts exactly." Bruno smiled at Fugo through the rearview mirror. The two of them had that in common, you thought. How careful and attentive they tended to be. That must have been why they hung out with the more impulsive, trigger-happy people.

You didn't know what Bruno was looking for at the train station. There were reports of students disappearing there, but what did that mean exactly? If someone was kidnapping people, it was unlikely any of you would find them. Given the mysterious nature of the disappearances, Bruno thought Stands could be involved. That and the fact that police weren't investigating them, according to Abbacchio.

Fugo had offered up the theory that students weren't being kidnapped at all but recruited. They could be Stand users or Stand user-hopefuls meeting up with someone. After they met, they would be instructed to keep on the down-low until further notice.

"They could even be meeting up with Signor D himself," Fugo had said.

"Yeah, or this could have nothing to do with him," Mista countered.

All you knew for sure was that students were going missing at the station. Whether that had anything to do with Signor D was what you needed to find out.

The four of you arrived at Napoli Centrale. Mista yawned again as he exited Bruno's car, reaching behind him for his purple revolver.

"Mista, we don't need people looking at us funny," Bruno said. "Don't take it out unless we need it."

"Normal people can see it?" you asked.

"My Stand is the little humanoids, not the revolver," Mista explained. "The revolver's totally normal. Technically speaking, I could switch over to a pistol or a shotgun, and my Pistols would still be able to control the bullets."

Said humanoids appeared around Mista's head. They looked as annoyed and tired as their user.

"Mista, I'm hungry," Number One whined.

"So am I, but we need to check out the station before I can get you anything to eat," Mista said. "Speaking of which, you are covering that, right, Bucciarati?"

Bruno sighed. "I'll cover if you find something."

"Well, I'm not helping until I get something to eat," Number Three said stubbornly, floating over Mista's shoulder.

"Me neither!"

"Ditto!"

"Guys..." Number Five said. "We can't do that."

"Who says?"

"Yeah, since when was a bit of food too much to ask, huh?"

"Oh my God," Mista groaned. To the group, he asked, "Any of you guys have any food? They're gonna keep bitching until I feed them."

Fugo looked amused. He rooted around in his jacket pocket and passed Mista a granola bar. "It's funny that you need to do that. I can't imagine what I would do if Purple Haze needed food."