witch alex

summary; alex is the only witch in town, until he isn't.
~
era ; eycte alex

"Can I help you?" Alex raises his eyebrow as he steps over the register of his shop

Earlier that night Alex had sensed something in the air, something weird, something new. It was really bothering him and he couldn't quite put his finger on it... until she walked in.

He had heard the ding of his door open, wind entering the store along with her. The girl was dressed in a top and long skirt with heels— all red.

She picks up one of the candles that are displayed in front of her, taking a whiff of it and smiles small to the scent of cherries.

"How can I help you?" he asked in a calm tone, although his eyes said something else along the lines of, you're irritating me already, get out of my shop.

"Do you by any chance have candles that radiate positive energy? protection too? m'kinda having a problem back at home."

He gives her a look while murmuring, "Right this way."

They walk further back into the store and as they walked by a few items brought her attention, the herbs, the pretty crystals, the amount of candles that he had, everything about his store captivated her.

"I like your store." She softly spoke while looking around as he picks up a few candles for her.

He hums in response and turns around to see her reading over a book.

"Here," he passes the candles to her and while she grabs them they brush their fingers against each other making them both flinch back at the sudden electric feeling they felt when touching, causing him to drop the candles on the floor.

They both stare at each other in awe and his breathing gets rapid, he could practically hear his heartbeat in his ears while she just stands there,not blinking, mouth agape.

He then blinks once then a few times before clearing his throat, ignoring the queasy feeling in his stomach. "Sorry, i'll get you some new ones."

Before he could pick them up she stopped him quickly. "No, no, that's fine! it was my fault anyway." She said while picking them up, "How much?"

"Ten."

She quickly searched through her purse and placed the money on the counter before muttering a quick thanks and then she was gone.

___

The sound of soft music travels around her home as she crushes herbs into the small bowl that she had in her hands, blunt in her mouth as she concentrates on her task.

Something or someone was on her mind.

He was on her mind.

Ever since she practically ran away from his shop two hours ago she couldn't stop thinking about him and the energy that surrounded him.