➶-͙˚ ༘✶6➶-͙˚ ༘✶

Author's Note: This will be the end of chiaroscuro series! I hope those that read the whole series would like it, if you do, pls vote it!

~

Operation day

"Congratulations y/n, your operation went successfully. You may slowly remove the gauze and gently open your eyes. Do take your time to do so as your eyes may feel dry and stingy when you first open. Blink if it helps you to feel more comfortable. Once you are ready, you can turn your gaze to other areas and let me know if you feel any extreme pain or discomfort," your surgeon walked to your ward as you finally woke up from the whole-body anesthesia.

You body was still weak as you tried to sit up from your bed. You felt something covering your eyes and you gently touch it, telling yourself that it was just a piece of gauze wrapping around. You were hesitant to remove them because, you are worried that you still can't see despite the doctor telling you that you are safe.

"Y/n! Come remove it! See if you can see me," Fiona who is standing beside you lightly patted your shoulders. She has been waiting for you since the start of the operation that lasted pretty long and she can't wait to see you being able to see the world again.

Slowly, you removed the mesh, and the air touches your eyelids, making you wince a bit before opening your eyes.

I can do this, i can see the world soon, take it easy y/n.

You gradually open your eyes and initially you felt your vision was blurry and your eyes were dry. You closed again and take another deep breath, opening them again and it feels clearer than the previous attempt. You repeated a few times until you fully open your eyes, absorbing the surrounding in you and you finally, can see them again.

You heard cheers beside you, and you supposed it was Fiona's, as she is the most excited person to await your comeback, other than Renjun. You felt more ready to shift your attention and it landed on Fiona. You saw the brim of her eyes getting red and tears started cumulating around it.

It is the tears of joy ah, y/n.

"Fiona? It's you?" you spoke softly and weakly as you are still a bit dizzy from the anesthesia, and you saw her nodded her head vigorously as she wiped her tears away.

"Yes yes! It's me! Oh my darling, you finally regained the power to see again, i'm so happy for you!" Fiona held onto your hands enthusiastically as you nodded your head, smiling at the latter.

Even though your eyes still hurt a bit and a little dry, it doesn't affect the ability to see, and you looked at the doctor.

"Thank you Doctor Yang, you made my dream work," you bowed slightly as he stopped you from doing so and waved his hand to show that it was nothing big.

"It's my job y/n, i'm happy to see you regaining your vision as well. You can rest for 2 more days before getting discharge. For these few days, don't overuse your eyes or expose to extreme bright light, other than that everything would be fine. I will prescribe you some eye drops, and you should be able to feel comfortable after 1 month. Remember to come back again for checkups after 1 month, 3 months, half a year and a year, just to ensure the process is smooth and reduce chances of side effects," Doctor Yang dropped his last words before leaving your ward to check on other patients.

You mumbled a 'thank you' before shifting your heads around to take a close look at the surrounding.

So, this is how a ward looks like - white ceiling with white LED lights, white bed sheets and 4 walls, a wooden side table and wardrobe and a sliding door.