⠀ eight. two sides of the same coin

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

˚⋆ ┊ ADVENTURES IN BABYSITTING ┊ ⋆˚
☆⋅⋆ ─ act i. don't you want me, baby?

CHAPTER EIGHT - two sides of the same coin( episode four ; will the wise )

( episode four ; will the wise )

IT DIDN'T TAKE LONG FOR WILL TO BE SHAKEN FROM HIS NIGHTMARE. Waves of shock settled into a terrorizing silence as the November wind whistled through empty branches. Peyton had stood herself s few steps down from the frightened kids, watching as Joyce guided her son into the passenger seat of her car.

"Okay, that totally freaked me out," Max admitted, with a lack of understanding that made her admittedly more confused than fearful, much in contrast to her newfound friend group, "Did that not freak you guys out?"

Honest answer? Absolutely.

Sure, she'd dealt with interdimensional, face-opening beings (which, in all seriousness, was not something ordinary people found ordinary), but the kid looked... possessed. Peyton didn't deem herself an expert in the happenings of Hawkins Laboratory by any means. But she'd heard stories. She'd witnessed an eleven-year-old with superpowers and yet, still, the idea that there was something... some... thing out there capable of not only harming you from the outside, but from the inside.

"Two episodes in two days..." Lucas trailed off, anxiously holding his walkie as the Byers prepared to leave

"It's getting worse," added Mike, all while Peyton closely monitored their words in fear they might reveal something Max absolutely shouldn't hear

But Lucas had yet to catch on, "You think it's True Sight?"

"What's True Sight?" piping up once again, Peyton whirled back with a stern, warning glare. The last thing they needed was to involve yet another innocent kid in their fight against the supernatural.

Realizing his mistake, Lucas's eyes met the ground, "It's nothing," although Max seemed less than convinced.

Palm pressing into the roof of her car, Joyce had gotten halfway in before calling out to her would-be step-children, "Peyton, Parker, let's go," confused glances exchanged between the siblings were enough to reveal they had no expectation of being invited back to the Byers home. Weekdays usually meant waiting around for their father to finish up the late shift. Cooking something edible on the stove and kicking their feet up to watch re-runs of The Price Is Right.

"Oh, Joyce, you don't have to..." but Peyton cut her sentence off short. She could see the heartbreak in the mother's eyes. Mind wandering to the words she'd promised only a few nights ago. That she'd be there for the Byers, no matter what happened. And she didn't have to beg, or convince any further. Gripping her younger brother down the shoulder, she encouraged him down the entrance stairs without another word to the increasingly concerned tween boys