A White Dress Of κόλαση

It was a divine morning. I awoke to the beautiful sun resting along my hair making it look like there were streaks of gold weaved through my brunette hair. I quickly rose out of bed prepared for a wonderful morning of adventure. Maybe something big will happen today.

As my mother had always said to me with every good day lies an even better tomorrow.

Today I feel like it's that amazing tomorrow I was longing for yesterday. It's a shame my mother has passed. But I could not stop my brothers once their minds were set on something they did it.

My mother was the queen of this once spontaneous kingdom soon to become rotten and filled with drunks due to my brothers over take in power.

They believed because my mother being a woman and all she was unfit to rule the throne. I found their minds to be absurd as it took three of them to control this kingdom yet only one of my mother to make it at peace.

After she had passed many things changed, women were no longer respected, men sent out to begin wars with nearby lands. Nothing was at peace, everything was chaos. I can't live like this but due to the law I can not leave this horrid kingdom till the age of 25 men can walk out freely due to them claiming the lands near us.

They always came back of course drawn to the alcohol that awaited them once they returned. It's a shame what happened to this beautiful place. I suppose if I came up with a plan so outstanding I could get out of this kingdom then but there was no time to come up with a master plan as I need to head off to the shops to get fitted into a new dress.

My brothers would be there. They said it was some sort of amazing surprise. I got dressed and pulled on my leather boots as I had no time to lace my other pair of shoes which were also quite difficult to run in. I am already running a bit late. I sprint through the castle and grab a Baklava from the kitchen as the cooks yelled out to me as I darted past the guards and through the big oak doors that sealed the castle off.

I ran through the gardens and out the gate to the tailor shops where my brothers an I were to meet.

As I raced through the village I bumped into many people apologizing while still in a sprint. I bumped into a boy who looked about my age, breathtakingly handsome, sharp jawline olive skin, deep black hair and sea green eyes. I felt lost. I fell out of my thoughts though when I was interrupted by a voice.

"you okay miss?" the boy asked,

"yes sorry." I said, sprinting away looking back at those glowing eyes of his.

God he was just so perfect. I continued on to the tailors to meet my brothers. As I reach the doors and stumble in, each of my brothers give me a disappointing stare.

"Adele. Glad you could make it. Perhaps make a more subtle entrance next time though." my eldest brother Elijah spoke out as my two other brothers gave that same prude stare towards my direction.

"Well not everyone is as perfect as you Elijah." I say as I curtsy towards them my other brother James scoffs at my actions. Just the reaction I wanted get them mad enough that we didn't have to do whatever we were about to do.

"Elijah she gets married in two weeks we can't have her this out of control." My dearest brother Monroe says my mind is running through all of these scenarios of me getting married that's impossible. I can't imagine it at all. I try to picture myself in this beautiful white dress but my mind is completely blank. I can't imagine a thing. But before I know it my mouth is moving and I dont have the will to stop it

"I will not get married. Monroe do something about this. "I shout as Monroe looks at me, his blue eyes filled with apologies.

"Adele there was nothing I could do.' Monroe says my heart feels like it is breaking from being betrayed. The one brother who would always stick up for me can't when I need him the most.

Authors Note

I wanted to make the first chapter a bit short kind of like an opening chapter to the book so you can meet everyone that will be important to the story thank you so much for giving this book a try and I will try to post in a schedule since right now it's summer break have an amazing day or night.

807 words