Eighteen - Darrin

I woke up to a slap to the face. What the fuck? Another slap followed, until I clued in that I wasn't dreaming. I truly was being attacked. I grabbed the flying wrist as it took another swipe and rolled. Before I realized what I was doing, I had Roxy pinned to the mattress with me on top of her and my morning wood nestled between her legs. We both froze and stared at each other for what felt like an eternity.

Finally, I asked, "Why the fuck are you slapping me, Woman?"

"You were groping me in your sleep, Asshole!"

My eyes widened. I'd finally gotten to touch Roxy and I hadn't even been awake to enjoy it. Damn. That sucked big ones. Suddenly my eyes dipped, "What are you wearing?"

Her eyes narrowed, "Why?"

"Because whatever it is has ridden up so I can almost see your tits right now."

She shoved at my chest and reluctantly I rolled off her. She scrambled from the bed, pulling her shirt down to cover her as she said, "My shirt was up because someone had their hand where it shouldn't have been!"

"Was it good for you?" I went with my usual dick attitude. That's how I'd always been with Roxy. She gave me sass, which I found sexy as hell, and I was a dick back to her. I didn't know why. I guess it was my way of keeping her in her lane, while I stayed in mine.

"You're the biggest dick I've ever met."

"Baby, you haven't met my dick yet, but thanks so much for the compliment."

"Ugh!" She huffed, stormed into the bathroom, and slammed the door.

I ran a hand down my face. Fuck! I briefly wondered what she'd do if I was ever nice to her, but then scraped the idea. I needed to be a dick to keep boundaries between us. I may be an asshole, but I didn't want to treat Roxy like I treated other women. She wasn't a one and done type of girl and I wasn't ready for more than that, so I needed to keep my distance and I definitely needed to stop groping her.

A second later I heard water running and knew Roxy was taking a shower. I didn't see her take a change of clothes into the bathroom with her, so instead of sticking around to see her in a towel, even though I really wanted to, I threw on my clothes from last night and left the room in search of coffee. I shivered upon reaching the first floor. Damn, it's a good thing I hadn't attempted to sleep on the couch, I thought as I entered the kitchen. Justin and Hunter were already sipping on coffee. I poured myself a cup and noticed them watching me, with amused expressions.

I frowned, "What?"

They chuckled and Justin said, "You survived. We figured Roxy might smother you with a pillow."

I snorted, "No, but she did smack the shit out of me this morning."

Hunter raised his eyebrows, "That sounds...kinky."

"Oh, for Fuck's sake, I guess I'll take my chances back upstairs. You two are either with me or against me and from the way this conversation is going you're against me." I told them with a glare and headed back up the stairs, coffee in hand. On second thought, I went back down and poured a second cup. Ignoring the two jokesters who called themselves my best friends, I headed back to my room and entered to find Roxy standing next to the bed in her bra and panties.

She grabbed a shirt off the bed and held it in front of her, as she snapped, "Get out, Asshole."

"Hey! I brought a peace offering." I hold out the coffee to her.

She stared at it for a long time, before taking it from me. Of course, to do that she had to drop the shirt. I didn't mind one bit. Roxy was petite, but she still had a decent rack. My hand tingled, as if remembering groping her. I wondered what she'd do if I picked her up and tossed her to the bed. I'd follow her down and—whoa, that was enough of that shit! Jesus, I had zero self-control, apparently.

Roxy took a sip of her coffee and then warily watched me as she finished getting dressed. She didn't say thank you and I hadn't expected her to. I wasn't even sure why I'd bothered to bring her coffee. I guess I was tired of being an asshole to her all that time. I did it for the good of both of us, but I doubted she understood that.

So, when she finished dressing, picked up her coffee, and exited the room, I sighed and said to nobody, "Have a good day, Roxanne."