Chapter 5

"You think the killer's one of us." I say again. Dawson stays quiet after that. Detective Allen leans back in her chair and says "You are smart aren't you?" She says.

"I'm surprised you've figured that out, none of your other friends have yet." She says.

"Well since you already figured that out we just need to know one more thing. Who in your group is capable of doing something like this?" She asks.

I lean forward in my chair and say "I don't know."

"You're free to go." She says. "Along with all your friends."

Dawson and I stand up and walk out the door. Everyone else steps out of their rooms at the same time we do.

I walk towards the door and start to open it.

"Emily!"I turn around and Nick is trying to catch up with me. But Payton catches his arm and tells him something. I turn back around and push the doors open. It's pouring down rain and I only have a light jacket on. But I keep walking. I keep thinking about how if I had stayed and given her a ride home she would still be alive. A small car pulls up to me and the window rolls down. Katy yells "Emily get in the car!"

"No!" I respond and tell her to keep going that I would meet her at the house. She continues driving and soon my vision starts to blur, from the tears and the rain. About 30 minutes later another car pulls up to me and I start walking faster hoping the car will speed up and stop following me like a creeper. The window rolls down, yet again and I know it's one of my friends but I wasn't expecting it to be him. Dawson keeps going next to me and says "Emily, get in the car now!" I shake my head and keep walking ignoring him. "You're going to die from hypothermia or pneumonia, so get in the car." He says. When I keep walking he pulls out in front of me and opens the passenger side door. I step in his car when he doesn't move his car and won't let keep walking. I sit down in the seat and he turns on the heat and turns the vents towards me.

"Do you want me to take you to Katy's house?" He asks, and I nod in response. He turns on his turns signal and pulls back out into traffic. We drive in silence until he asks "So do you think it was one of us that killed Alexus?" I turn my head towards him and say "Yes" and turn my head back towards the window and watch the rain fall down the window.

"I think it was one of us because she was last seen with us and now she's dead." I say. He pulls into the driveway and I step out of his car. He grabs onto my arm and says "They'll find the killer, and we will help the police so they can catch the killer." I nod and walk towards the house and walk up the stairs. When I open my door, I close it and slid down the door and start crying. Katy calls my name and comes to the door finding me there and she runs over to me. She hugs me and I hold onto her and cry into her shoulder. She let's me cry there for what feels like hours, when I finally get up and go to my room, and cry there. I walk in my room and see a picture of me and Alexus sitting on my dresser, I pick it up and walk over to my bed and lay down and cry. Cry for my best friend that's now dead. Cry for the fact that I think it was one of my friends that killed her. I look at the picture and say "I promise I will find out who killed you, and they will pay for what they did to you."

Authors Note: Sorry for the really short chapter, but I needed to get this chapter out of the way. This story will not be depressing the whole time, I swear, just bear with me. And know that it is summer (Finally!) I will have more time to just write and not have to worry about making time for homework (I love homework, said no one ever). I hope everyone else is having a great beginning of their summer break!