Chapter 6

Everyone has had the past week off from school due to an "interruption in their schedule" according to the principle. That's what their calling her death now, and interruption. Not very many people know that she's dead her parents didn't want anyone to know about it yet. And we have been brought back into the police station 5 times, and this is what they have decided; her body was actually not killed at the party, it was just moved back there. So now the police keep questioning us still because in the video she was seen with our group, then she is seen going into the kitchen with no one knows who and that's where the video is cut off, which makes the police even more suspicious of our group. We go back to school tomorrow and we are supposed to act normal. We are all sitting in the police station for the 6th time in the same room as (which has never happened). The door suddenly opens and we all sit up in our chairs, waiting for whatever they are going to tell us.

"Where are your parents?" Detective Black asks.

"They are all waiting outside with Alexus' parents." Nick says.

"We found some new evidence that we thought should be shared with all of you before you hear it from the media." Detective Allen says to all of us.

"Okay well we all want to know so just tell us." I say.

"The tox screen came back for Alexus and there was traces of Botulinum Toxin in her system." Detective Allen says.

"Well what does that mean?" Katy asks.

"It means someone poisoned her and whoever did it really wanted her dead." Black says.

"So since none of us had that lately that means it wasn't one of us right?" Katy asks.

Some young guy comes in and says "Not necessarily because there is no way to tell if any of you purchased that, not yet anyway." He says.

"Who's this?" I ask.

"This is Doctor Reid he will be working with us on this case along with a few other people." Detective Allen says.

"For the time being you can call me Reid." He looks around at all of us but I swear his gaze stopped on me for a second longer than anyone else.

"Okay we are all going back to school tomorrow so what do you want us to say, what do you want us to do?" I ask.

Doctor Reid says "Tell people you don't know what happened. Because that's the truth right?" It seems like everyone says yes and nods their heads. Dr. Reid nods his head at the detectives and sits down with us.

"This investigation will be a long and grueling process for anyone who's involved in it." Detective Allen says. "This is going to be hard on all of you and this is all of the group right?" We nod at Reid and he continues "I suggest no one stray to far from each other and just try to act as normal as possible. In cases like this things can get ugly." He finishes and tells us we can go. Each time we go to the police station we are always there for hours answering questions and being interrogated but this time it was only 30 minutes which seems a little off to me. I am the last one to get up and Reid grabs my arm.

"You seem like the leader of the group, I would make sure that all of you stay very close together for the next few weeks, even months."

I lean in closer to him "What did you mean by cases like this?" I ask.

"Cases where the main suspects are the close friends of the victim." he says. I try to keep any emotion of my face but it doesn't work and I wrench my arm out of his grasp and walk away.

"Emily, you and your friends were the last ones to see her alive and whether you like it or not that makes all of you our main suspects." He says to me as I walk away to the rest of my group. I keep walking and meet up with the rest of the group outside with our parents. Alexus's parents wrap me up in a huge hug and her mother starts crying on my shoulder.