Introduction

The King's Advisor

The King's Advisor

A story by John R. George Etr

Artwork by George Pierre

Introduction 

The King's Advisor takes place in an imaginary isle called Orien, Orien was an empty piece of land floating around the ocean until a royal family, The Vons, came in and turned this piece of land into a vast kingdom. 

   In 1320, Emperor Richard Von Eric passed away due to old age, his son Edward Von Eric, was then the righteous one for his father's throne. Edward proved to the people of Orien that he wasn't just a strong ruler, but also a peaceful one. He was fair and refused to favor his desires than to attending the needs of the people. As a result of his clear and honorable intentions, he was constantly praised by the smallest and poorest of folk, bards around inns sang marvelous ballads about his honor, and the rich families kept paintings of their Emperor in their homes, he was loved and respected by all people and by all different levels, from poorest to richest.

   Fortunately for the Emperor, he and his wife were blessed with a child. At first, it seemed wonderful news. However, this news later turned out to be a problem, it wasn't just one child that was going to be born, it turned out that it was actually twins and identical ones at that. And this is actually what had happened. Ada, EmperorEdward's wife, gave birth to the twins.

In the history of Orien, this was the first event to ever happen, for an Emperor to have two twins, it was a first for the royal family as well. For some ordinary people, it would seem quite normal and nothing really important to give two shillings about, but it really was important. The thing is that these children were born at the same time and date. This meant that after the Emperor dies and his son is left to take the throne, there would be a problem. Usually, the oldest son is the one that's righteous to his father's throne, but this time it was different, too different for anybody to know how to even deal with this issue. As for the Emperor, he did not prefer talking about this topic now. Instead, he claimed that he would simply deal with the matter at the time was appropriate.

   The Emperor's twins were named George and Joseph. Although there were supposed to be identical twins, they were the exact opposite of one another. 

Edward was known for the order he so gracefully maintained. He was noble but strict. A man which had aside of heart softer than the ripest fruit in Orien. He punished those that deserved punishments and awarded noble knights that needed praise. All in all, everyone knew he would go down among the greatest rulers in the world. Everything was as great as it always had been, farmers hard at work, women stitching clothes in their small stores, children playing around in the streets of the well-guarded capital, it was truly a beautiful sight to behold.