Chapter 20

Baron's POV

Me and the others were walking half an hour while following the eagle. I just hope Jared will be okay. As for Carla, well, I'm not sure if I can say this or not but, even though she's weird but, she's still has a good heart. 

She and Jared been close ever since they were little and also, Carla is the first one who has a crush on him before high school. 

"How much longer do we have to reach," Roger complain. "You asked me, I also don't know," Irma grunted while glaring at Roger. Eliana began to look at Harold, Rowena, Ella, Alex and Terry. I have no idea what's wrong with them but, they also have no idea what's wrong with themselves.

Until, we have already finally reach to the bridge. We were about to look at the eagle again but, it has already gone.

"Should we have to cross this," Courtney asked nervously. "Uh, Alex. You have Carla's book," I reminding him. Alex took out Carla's book and started to find.

I glance beside me and saw Ella is looking at something. "What is it?" I asked her.

"I thought I saw someone spying on us," she told me. This is getting creeping me out.

"It's probably nothing. Don't worry," I reassure her. She nodded until, Alex exclaim. "Okay, I have already found it. It says here: "whenever there's a bridge, we need to check whether it was safe or not. Example, we need to throw the stone to see the result and then, if it safe, we cross it." Should we try," he asked.

Rowena pick up the stone and throw at the bridge. We waited until, it didn't destroy it. So, that's mean it safe. I didn't know Carla is really smart with this.

"Okay, let's cross it together," I told them but, Lumina and Mei Hui stop us.

"Wait, but first, we need to tie something," Lumina suggest.

What's that supposed to mean?

Author's POV

"I'm not sure about this," Terry said almost freaking out. "Hey, that's how the law is. Well, probably in camp," Lumina said. "Totally both," Baron answer dryly.

As they were crossing the bridge, the bridge started to shake slowly as the boys were holding the girls for their safety.

"Imagine what will Jared or Carla will say about this," Irma told them. "I'm not sure about Jared but, Carla, she will freak out," Rowena reply.

"Uh, isn't she afraid of height," Dash asked. Rowena pause for a moment as she realize he is right.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that," she said sheepishly.

"Alex, are you reading her note book now," Eliana asked. "Uh, sort of but, her handwriting seems like there's a struggle. Of course she has anxiety but, I didn't expect it gone worse," he said while focusing on the book.

Ella just admire the view as she turn around and look horror.

"Uh, guys? We have a problem."

"Okay, what problem could that be," Harold complained as he and the others turn around and saw the man with the crow mask.

"That man is the problem," Ella whimper in fear.

The man look at the rope and took out the knife. "Oh come on!" Irma exclaim. "Can you just leave us alone?" Roger shout at him. The man begin to cut the rope down.

"Guys, we should get moving now!!!" Eliana shout as they hurry went to the side. Baron, Rowena, Mei Hui, Dash, Alex, Harold, Courtney and Terry have already reach to the side, they are still waiting for the others to reach.