Chapter 12 - God vs King part 1

Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable had been crawling through the ventilation ducts for long minutes. Using the radar Wade had built into her communicator, Kim tracked any abnormal signals on the small screen, while Ron followed. Suddenly, Kim motioned for him to stop.

_ "Wade, do you see what I see on the screen?" Kim asked.

_"Yes, and it's really strange." Wade replied from his control post. "Radar has detected a colossal source of energy just below you. My sensors are going crazy. I've never seen this, it's like...this energy can't be identified."

Even if Wade couldn't identify him with all his high-tech gear, that wasn't a good sign. Determined to get to the bottom of it, Kim took care of opening the air vent just a meter in front of her, and dropped nimbly and silently to the ground five meters below. Ron followed immediately.

The duo was now in a large room plunged into darkness and completely empty of any furniture. Well, not quite... In the center of the room was one thing, but not the least. Kim and Ron were speechless seeing this. A skull... A gigantic skull was there, connected to hundreds of cables and machines, each one more advanced and wacky than the other. The shape of this skull was reptilian, almost like Godzilla's, but it wasn't him... There was something misshapen, unnatural about this skull, as if the creature that had owned it wasn't born naturally.

_"It's... a titan's skull. But what's it doing here?" Kim breathed as she approached, brushing the bony surface with her fingertips.

As Ron also gazed around the skull, he gasped and suddenly pulled away, as if to hide.

_"Kim. Come see." he whispered, pointing to something inside the skull.

Kim approached, joining her friend and also peeking. She gasped. Inside the skull at the level of the cerebral cavity, sitting behind consoles, was one of their worst enemies.

_ "It's Drakken..." she whispered.

However, the mad scientist didn't even seem to notice them, remaining seated, staring straight ahead and wearing a weird helmet plugged into wires covering the top of his head. Kim and Ron gave each other a puzzled look.

_"He... He's sleeping or what?" Ron asked, raising an eyebrow.

_ "No... It's like... he's in some kind of trance..." Kim said. "This is how they control the Mechagodzilla... It's neuro-transmission control."

_"Bravo, redhead. You get it quickly." suddenly declared a sly female voice.

Surprised, Kim and Ron saw out of the darkness another criminal whom they knew very well.

_ "Shego. I see, always following the scientist in his twisted plans for world domination." declared Kim without fear and taking a defensive position.

_"I admit that I am usually not convinced by his ideas, but this time, seeing all the potential for destruction that this giant mecha could bring." Shego confessed, her eyes twinkling with sadism. "The first idea was to try to take control of the mind of Godzilla, but we quickly abandoned the project."

_"My poor Shego, you are very naive..." Kim breathed. "Simmons is using you and Drakken. He doesn't give a damn about your plans to take over the planet. All he wants is to show the world how dangerous and uncontrollable Godzilla is and how humanity doesn't need the titans for protection. He wants to be seeing as the hero who saved the earth. As soon as he's done, he'll eliminate you both."

_"Maybe, but that's funny." Shego said. "Because we had planned to do the exact same thing with him."

Shego sneered softly cruelly, her eyes evil, and her hands smoldering with energy like green flames. Ron backed away as Kim, eyes focused, took a fighting stance.