163*164

Lisa and her team arrived at their destination three hours before the program would begin. "Lisa we'll go ahead at the venue and set-up the camera." said the head camera man. Lisa nodded as she answered, "I'll get changed and be there with you guys soon."

Lisa took her gown out and she immediately changed into it and looked at her reflection in the full length mirror inside her room.

She wore a glamorous red long sleeved lace dress, showing off her slender neck, exposing her soft and porcelain skin with the off shoulder design, in combination with her beautiful collarbones. While her arms were covered with three fourth sleeves her inimitable glamour and poise were enhanced with a long split design reaching upto her thighs showing off her perfect well shaped long leg.

She arranged her hair in a vintage style, standard low chignon and finished the look by tucking a small, pretty, crystal clip in it. She kept her makeup simple for the evening to avoid overdoing it yet be sophisticated enough for her natural beauty to reflect in front of the camera.

She was already in the elevator to reach the function hall of the hotel when Jeru stepped in before the elevator doors started to close. Lisa smiled widely seeing how handsome Jeru looked and she couldn't help but comment, "I thought a celebrity just entered."

Lisa knew who would be the guests for the night and she was not surprised to see Jeru around. She was also sure that Liu Group would donate a generous amount. Well of course, her family would donate too. Her parents rarely attended such events because her father wanted their privacy intact for safety reasons. Their representative would be their family legal counselor, Attorney Liam Sy.

Jeru laughed and blushed at her words, realising this, Lisa hit his shoulder, "Stop blushing like that. I'm sure the women at the event will drool at you. Tsk… Why didn't you bring a partner along? Are you announcing that you are 'single and ready to mingle' Mr. Jeru Liu?"

Jeru laughed out loud with those words from Lisa as the doors to the elevator opened, and Thea stood outside and saw them both laughing. After Thea entered the elevator, only silence reigned inside. Thea looked good in her navy blue satin evening gown which accentuated her slender neck with a plunging neckline and had spaghetti straps. The mermaid style evening dress hugged her elegantly on the right spots. She looked sophisticated with her hair arranged into a low hairdo that sat right at the nape of her neck on one side.

Upon arrival, guests made their way through the pristine foyer and reached a sea of diamond-decorated women and bow-tie-clad men, as well as a bank of the most well-mannered and well-dressed photographers to ever bear a press badge — all outfitted to match the gala's black-tie dress code.

The organizers had a unique event format where guests had a shared cocktail reception, were moved for private dinners in groups and then for the after party, guests were given the opportunity to explore the library with various other activities through- out the building. Each of the dining areas were beautifully decorated and themed to correspond to a literary genre to give the guests an exquisite experience of Mystery, Romance or Fantasy.

Guests were lured with promises of "a gourmet meal in a gilded ballroom, an exciting live auction, exhilarating casino action and mesmerizing entertainment." Unlike the average gala, the charity ball was helmed by literal royalty. So every element of the event — from its meticulous decor to its decadent menu — was fit for a monarch.

Lisa was reporting live as she interviewed some of the well known guests that arrived. "Hmm, how come the Field Marshal Chan's daughter become a reporter? Do you know that you are adding work on me for always representing your company instead of you doing that as the only heir of Chan Family?" whispered Attorney Liam Sy at Lisa when she greeted him.