Chapter Twenty One

"When he attacks, our friend described it as a trance. Like a waking nightmare. That's why we think he's coming for her next"

"Does any of this, anything we've told you sound like what happened to your family?" Nancy asked. "Victor, I know this is hard"

"You don't know anything!" he yelled. "You're right. We don't know and that's why we're here. To learn, to understand"

"We need to know how you survived that night"

He laughed "Survived? Is that what you call this? Did I survive? No, I assure you I am still very much in hell"

"I had been back from the war some 14 years. Her-great uncle had died, leaving us a small fortune. Enough to buy a new home, a new life. It was a magnificent home. Alice said it looked like it was from a fairy tale" Victor explained.

"Alice? Was she your daughter?" Anna asked. "Mmm, yeah. But Henry, my boy. He was a sensitive child and I could see he felt something was wrong. We had one month of peace in that house and then it began"

"Dead animals, mutilated, tortured, began to appear near our home. Rabbits, chickens, squirrels and even dogs. The police chief blamed the attack on a wildcat but, this was no wildcat. This was evil and evil neither animal nor human. This was a spawn of satan"

"A demon, it was even closer than I realized. My family began to have encounters conjured by this demon. Nightmares. Waking, living, nightmares. Even poor innocent Alice. It wasn't long before I started encountering nightmares of my own"

"I suppose all evil must have a home. I could sense the demon, always close. I became convinced it was hiding, nesting, somewhere within the shadows of our home. It had cursed our town. It had cursed our home. It cursed us"

"It took Virginia first. I tried to get the children out, to save them. But I was back in France, back in the war. It was a memory. This demo, it was taunting me"

As Victor continued with the story he plugged his ears and started singing to himself. "Victor?" Nancy asks repeatedly.

The door opens and Dr. Hatch walks out. "Was it everything you always hoped for? I just had a very interesting conversation with professor Brantley. Perhaps we should discuss this in my office while we wait for the police"

☆ ゜・ 。。・ ゜゜・ 。。・ ゜★

"You're not listening our friend is in danger" Nancy yells. "Do you really expect me to believe anything you have to say at this point?"

"It's the truth!" Nancy yells. "You are free to tell your sob story to the police"

"Victor said the night of the attack everything went on in the house, but he made it specific mention of music. He said music was playing and then when we asked him about the angel, he started to hum" Robin said as she mumbled the lyrics to dream a little dream of me.

"Hatch said that music can reach parts of the brain that words can't. So maybe that's the key, a lifeline"

"Wait so if Max listens to her favourite song or a song she likes with some sort of meaning behind it then it will lift the curse?" Anna asks.

"It might not lift it completely but keep her safe for a little bit. It's just a theory"

Nancy look around. "I think we can beat him" she suggests. "What?" Robin and Anna say in unison. "To the car"

"Ok, I'm warning you I can't run," Robin said. "She really can't" Anna added.

"I have terrible coordination. Took me six months longer to walk than all the other babies"

"Just follow my lead," Nancy said and grabbed both of their arms and started sprinting. Everyone's shoes went flying off. "Cinderella you dropped your shoe"

The security guards were so slow that they probably could have just walked to the car. However, there were 2 guards already at the front waiting for them. Nancy unlocked the car and they quickly climbed in.

"Holy shit! Holy shit!" Robin yelled as Nancy drove away. The three signed in relief and laughed quietly. "You really are a slow runner," Nancy said.

"Robin! Anna! Nancy! Anyone! Code red! Code red!" Dustin yelled through the walkie-talkie.

☆ ゜・ 。。・ ゜゜・ 。。・ ゜★

"Hey, wake up" Robin mumbles as she lightly taps Anna on the head. "No, I haven't slept in days. Let me get some rest" she mutters before Robin pulls her off the couch and they both fall onto the floor.

"Ow!" Anna groans. "Can you guys be any louder" Steve grumbled and threw a random can at Anna. "Ow! Did everyone wake up and just choose to be violent"

"Come on, I'm hungry"

Anna and Robin slowly walked upstairs to grab whatever food the Wheelers had. "Morning" Mrs. Wheeler says with a smile and hands the two plates. "Thank you"

"Great, there's more of them," Mr. Wheeler says quietly even though everyone can hear him. "Ted!"

Dustin, Max and Nancy were already sitting at the table talking about what Max saw in her trance. Nancy started folding papers and taping pieces together. "It's pieces of a house"

"Not just any house, it's Victor Creel's house"

Nancy got up. "Where are you going?"

"Waking the others"

"Wait can we finish eating first?" Anna asks but is ignored. "I just wanted to sleep"