Stay Yourself

"You need to be more outgoing"
"You need to be more talkative"
"You need to smile more"
You need to be....you need to be....you need....to...be

Why?
Why do I need to be what you want?
Why do I need to succumb to your wants and desires that you see fit?

You see... I always believed that what people told me I needed to be, was to better me. Make me stronger.

I changed myself for people. To be liked by them. To be a part of their world.
But what did that come to?

Me. Being somebody. I'm not.
I lost myself in the chaos of people.
I didn't know who I was anymore.

I ended up having to push people out of my life to find myself again before I could allow people back in.

But let me tell you this. If anyone ever tells you that you need to be more of something, please don't do it.
It is your decision to be more of something.

You are you for a reason.
You're a king or a queen in yourself and in your life.

You may not smile alot but instead you may show happiness and kindness in your actions.

You may not talk alot but when things are needed to be heard you're there.

Even in terms of friendships and relationships. You may not get along with people except for those few rare souls. But those souls know you and accept you for you. Not what people think you should be.

So please, no matter what anyone tells you, don't change yourself to better them.

Stay you in order to better yourself.

You know what you like and don't like. What you do and don't do.

Because if you succumb to their wants, you will lose yourself and become someone you probably won't like.

The right people will gravitate toward you. Just stay yourself and enjoy being you. Cause you're one of a kind.