I want a Papa

"Mumma bolo naaa... yeh mere papa hai na"

"Aagam, he is not your papa... go to your room right now" Priya gotup and said sternly.

"I want my papa!! Sabke paas unke papa hote hain.. mujhe bhi mere papa chahiye" Aagam yelled as he cried.

"Aagam!" Priya shouted and the boy ran towards the room wailing. Her eyes became moist as she turned to Ram, who was just shocked witnessing what just happened.

"Sorry ram, he is a kid please don't..." Priya said slowly.

Ram interrupted with "It's okay priya" and turned to go but then stopped at his place. He turned back and looked "Priya, i know its your personal matter... and I'm no one to say in it... but aagam is a kid... i know you handle him well but just don't be hard on him in the flow of emotions" Ram said softly.

Priya looked at him and slightly nodded her head. Ram then moved to his apartment.

Priya closed the main door and looked towards the room. It was a 2BHK flat with one room as the kid's play room and other where both of them slept. She wiped her eyes and moved to the room. Aagam was sitting on the edge of the bed and crying silently.

Her heart ached seeing her baby like this. She went and sat beside him but he moved little away from her.

"Mumma is sorry" priya said slowly as tears formed in her eyes.

Aagam didn't look at her but mumbled "aap bolte ho papa nahi hai... but mujhe papa chahiye mummaa... bhagwaan ji ne kyun bula liya unko" and he sniffed.

Priya couldn't control her tears and they flowed down her cheeks.

Aagam continued looking down and tears falling freely from his eyes "sabke papa hai... unke papa unko ghumane leke jaate hain...gifts dete hain... chocolates dete hain... games khelte hain... sirf mere papa nahi hai"

Priya had nothing to say but she pulled him closer and hugged him tightly. Both cried in each others arms. She rubbed his back and then wiped her tears. She kissed his head and cupped his face wiping his cheeks with

"Baby, i know main aapki dad nahi bansakti but i want to give you all the love in this world because aap meri duniya ho bache... Mumma loves you a lot"

Aagam just hugged her tight resting his head on her chest while she ruffled his hair and held him closer.

Soon his hold around her became loose and she knew that he has drifted to sleep. She made him lie on the bed and covered him properly with the blanket. She kissed his forehead and looked at him for minutes before coming out of the room.

She drank some water and moved out of the house after checking on aagam once more.

She went down to the society garden and sat on the bench with a shawl wrapped around her. The park was empty with dim lamps lit around.

She looked at the sky and after around five minutes a voice broke her trance... and she looked at the person sitting on the other end of the bench.

"Raat ke andhere mein,
Sitaaron ke chamak mein,
Baatein jo dil mein...
Ho rahi hai mere chaand se" Ram said looking at the moon.

He then looked at her and gave his sweet smile "Kaisa laga... bas abhi abhi likha hai"

"Nice" she said with a small smile.

"Hmm, need to improve"

He looked at her who was looking down.

"How is aagam now?" He asked softly.

She looked up at him "He's fine"

"Kahan hai?"

"So gaya hai"