Chapter 8

I know what you're thinking Oh great. The secretive, cagey, 3,000-year-old bampot gets a point of view.
   Now you're thinking Oh my God he knows about the fourth wall.

   Of course I know about the fourth wall. Anything over 400 does.  They just don't like to identify with it. Not good for fragile minds, and when you're over 400 years old, you tend to go rather senile, but going through the portal was enough to make anyone go senile in a matter of seconds. It was like I was being catapulted through syrup, it was slow, yet fast. I was upside down, I was right side up. I tucked in my wings and shut my eyes. The portal would drop us on the edge of the Hollow Forest, right beside my father's palace. We would find Hemlock and take care of him.

   Simple, right?

   The portal apparently had a mind of its own.

   As we tumbled through the green-and-purple oblivion, I felt the pressure on my chest that was caused by interdimensional travel lessen. We were almost there, but suddenly we hit a spot of turbulance. I thought nothing of it, since the same thing had happened when I'd first gone to the human world.

   But then it spit us out. Suddenly and powerfully, I had just enough time to grab Piper and pull her towards me so she didn't get impaled on a tree. (Which has happened to only one or two fae before, but I didn't want to take chances.) I felt a painful pop right where my left wing joined with my shoulder blade as we slammed into the ground. I let out a groan and rolled over on my stomach and Piper lay on her back, staring at the light gray sky of the fae realm. The trees were twisted black things with no leaves and bramble-like branches, and although they looked sickly, they were easily taller than me by about three feet. Piper spit dirt out of her mouth and looked around groggily.

     "Where are we?" She asked. I propped myself up on my elbows.

     "Welcome to the Hollow forest, Piper Gray. The only place where dark and light fae alike can theive, murder, and even run brothels!"

     She looked confused. "But aren't light fae supposed to be....I dunno....good?"

     I raised and eyebrow. "Aren't I supposed to be jumping at an opportunity for the throne and destroying anyone who gets in my way?"

    She nodded. "Touché. Alrighty then. Where to next?"

    I laughed nervously. "That is a very good question. It didn't exactly drop us off where I thought it would."

   She put her hands on her hips. "Do you even know where we are now?" 

   I tapped my fingers together absently, letting my thoughts run wild. We were in the Hollow Forest. Hadn't I heard legends about it when I was young? Well, they'd been bad legends filled with death and all sorts of that fun stuff, of course, but what can you expect growing up surrounded by evil? I remembered one story about a fae who had tried to pass through the forest and had gone insane, claming to hear voices in their head, and another one where a beast not unlike the Jabberwocky of Wonderland roamed the forest, preying upon unsuspected travelers. So far, our options were not looking up.

   So where exactly did we go?

   Straight.

__________________________________

1. FREAKING WRITER'S BLOCK DAMMIT
2. I'M SO SORRY THIS WAS SO SHORT SMH
3. SCHOOL'S ALMOST OUT YEET
4. You know what that means?
5. MORE FREQUENT UPDATING WOOOOOO
6. BAMPOT OMG I LOVE THAT INSULT
7. PEACE OUT, BITCHES *gross sobbing until Lucifer pops up from the Cage and smacks me upside the head*
-AVA