The Cure

When Alice Longbottom II graduated Hogwarts, she went into Healer training. She worked hard and pursued her dreams. She wanted to help people-most of all, her grandparents. 

Once she graduated a full healer, she worked days at Saint Mungo's and nights researching. James was with her for all of it, bringing her coffee and inserting advice in places she's lost. After three long years of this, Alice finally found what she believed to be the cure. She gave it to her Gran first. Alice had finally met the person for whom she was named for. After she gave it to her Grandad, she called her father. 

Neville took the rest of the week off from Hogwarts and spent it with his parents. He told them of all they missed, and they assured him they were listening the whole time and they love him. Alice Longbottom I took shifts holding her great-granddaughters, Aria and Lilac Potter, while watching 3 year olds Tyler and Mackenzie Potter play with their older cousins, Asher and Kayla Longbottom. Frank Longbottom I enjoyed meeting his son's wife, children, and step-children. He told Neville about him in Hogwarts, and Neville realized just how alike they were. 

Their family filled in the hole that was always there, eating at them. 

They died a singular year later, due to their brains being under that damage for so long.