✦.1.✦

☆ Great way to start another book ☆
☆ Modern! AU ☆
☆ Xingqiu POV: ☆

It was approximately 5 AM when my alarm started ringing. I opened my eyes slowly, and stopped the alarm since the ringtone was annoying as hell.

I was rubbing my eyes as I was going to the bathroom to wash my teeth and take a fast shower. After I was done I changed from my pyjamas to my school uniform I had in my wardrobe.

Soon after; I checked my phone to see if I had any notifications, and I did indeed. It was my friends' groupchat. They were just talking about the festival that we will be part of since our school decided to celebrate it. I didn't bother to write a message, and I just went downstairs, took the breakfast my mom leaves for me before she goes to work, and then I left my house.

~~~~~~~~~~

I arrived to school where my childhood best friend, Chongyun, was waiting for me in front of it.

-"Morning, Yunyun!"

-"Good morning, Xingqiu. Let's go."

I nodded. Then we started talking while walking into the school. We went to our lockers to take our books for the subject we had as our first lesson for the day.

Not so long after, one of our friends, Xiangling, appeared next to us.

-"Morning!"

-" Good morning." , me and Chongyun said at the same time.

-" Guess what? I've discovered a new spicy food recipe! Would you two want to taste it?"

-" I will pass...", Chongyu said.

-" I'll try it!", I said with a small smile.

-" Great! Then I'll wait for you at the cooking club later after school!"

I nodded. After that, the bell rang so we went to our class since we didn't want to be late like the other time... I'll explain later!

Anyway, so, we entered our classroom and sat down in our sits (Not so important details: Xingqiu and Chongyun sit next to each other, and Xiangling sits next to Hu Tao). Soon after Mr. Zhongli appears in and he starts talking about the Archon war. This is the final part of it! To be honest, it's a really interesting event, but Mr. Zhongli sometimes repeats himself because his memory isn't as good as it was, I guess. I think that or Lord Morax, or Tsaritsa, since both of them are strong.

Some time later, Mr. Zhongli told us to write something down. Unlike other students, I've wrote it down pretty fast. So, I had nothing else to do. Suddenly, my eyes decided to look at Chongyun. He was very focused on writing everything grammatically correct. I don't know why, but the more I looked at him, the more distracted I was.
After looking at Chongyun for a while, I think he noticed beacuse he looked at me after writing a word down. As soon as I saw him looking at me, I snapped back to reality and turned my head away, the looked in my notebook while blushing a bit, maybe out of embarrassment...or... nah...

-" Is everything alright, Xingqiu?", Chongyu whispered to me.

-" Y-yes, don't worry...", I replied with another whisper.

~~~~~~~~~~

Class ended, and I was still a bit embarrassed about what happened in class, I hope Chongyun didn't mind it too much...

Anyway... Some more periods have passed, and it was finally launch time! I was really hungry since my breakfast fell on the ground, yeah, I forgot to mention that. And so, I went to the cafeteria. I had some bucks, approximately 2-10 dollars, I don't really remember since I was in a rush. Anyway, I know I've ordered some cheap sandwich which wasn't all that bad.

I sat at some table with my friends, and then we started our launch. Hu Tao was talking a lot, and so was Xiangling. Instead, Chongyun seemed to be thinking about something while eating his launch.
I think he was thinking about how to make more money for popsicles. Meh, whatever his thinking about, I am pretty sure it's important.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's finally the end of school, and as I promised, I went to the cooking club so I could taste Xiangling's new dish. I wasn't all that exited, but I promised so I had to.

I arrived at the cooking club, and Xiangling welcomed me with opened arms. The dish wasn't so bad, but I couldn't really feel its taste since Xiangling put too much spicy sauce.

-" Mmmm.... It's pretty good! You did a great job as always, Xiangling!", I said.

-" Thank you! It means a lot! Now shoo! The cooking club meeting is about to start!"

-" Mhm... Bye, Xiangling!"

Xiangling waved at me as she closed the club door.

I arrived to the place where Chongyun was waiting for me, and then we headed out of the school.

~~~~~~~~~

While we were walking, Chongyun asked me a question:

-" Would you like to come to my place today? We don't really hang out anymore beacuse of school."

-" Of course! Let's go! It'll be nice to hang out again!", I replied.

☆ Chongyun POV: ☆

I was happy that Xingqiu accepted my invitation. I really missed to hang out with him, and this is the perfect opportunity. After we get our homework done we could go to a park or something, just like how we did when we were younger.

~~~~~~~~~

We arrived at my place and then, Xingqiu jumped on the couch like he was at his house. I didn't complain though, today really was exhausting. I sat next to him on the couch, and the second I sat down, Xingqiu started complaining about how hard was today. Soon after, we started our homework, and with a lot if help form Xingqiu, we both did our homework in no time.

After a while, I decided to ask Xingqiu to go to the park.

-"Hey, Xingqiu. Wanna go to the park together?", I asked.

-" Of course!" Xingqiu answered as fast as Sonic.

I smiled, then we started to get ready.

☆ Xingqiu POV: ☆

I was exited beacuse we finally got to hang out.

~~~~~~~

We arrive at the park. It is as beautiful as I remember it. Its trees were now bigger, and they worked more at its pettiness. As we entered the park, we both see an ice-cream truck that was passing by.

-" Hey, Yunyun. Can we get ice-cream?", I asked my friend.

-" Sure! Let's go."

I putted on a small smile, and we both started heading to the truck. We both ordered the ice-creams to be with blueberry flavor, Yunyun's favorite!

After we got our ice-creams, we sat on a near by bench, and started eating our ice-creams.

Once again, my eyes decided to look at Chongyun. This time, it seemed like my face slowly started heating up. I couldn't help it... I wanted to look at him, I wanted to look at him forever. He's eyes, he's hair, he's face... Everything about him made my heart beat faster. Would it be... I fell in love with him...? I can't deny it. And, this wasn't the start, I think I fell in love with him like 3 years ago, but I just now realized. I'm such a dumbass... How didn't I realized it sooner?!

I think I won't confess though... There are low chances of him liking me back...I will keep it a secret for now.

Anyway... This time he didn't seem to realize I was looking at him, which was good, cuz I was able to stare as much as I wanted. He is really handsome, holy shit...

☆ I'M FINALLY DONE, THIS TOOK FOREVER ☆