[ LARENZ TATE ] ▹ bad blood

『 ↳✧・゚ 𝐅 𝐄 𝐀 𝐓 𝐔 𝐑 𝐈 𝐍 𝐆 ;

𝐂𝐋𝐘𝐃𝐄 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐲𝐫𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐫
𝐏𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐀 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐚 𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧
𝐁𝐈𝐍𝐊𝐘 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐝𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐧𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐭
𝐋𝐎𝐂𝐎 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐫𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐫
𝐊𝐈𝐋𝐎 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞
𝐎.𝐆. (𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑) 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝
𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐋𝐀 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐲

 (𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑) 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐋𝐀 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐲

𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆
FRIDAY — ICE CUBE
II

❛ '𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬, 𝐰𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐬
𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐠-𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐬, 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧' 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬 ❜

𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐲
( 𝐣𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟔, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟓. )

This wasn't the first time he had put his hands on me. There have been several. Yet, like a dumb ass, I kept taking him back because he would promise to never do it again. And though I knew that he was lying, I'd convince myself that he wasn't just because I loved him and held on to memories of what things used to be before he had started drinking heavily.

Clyde was an abusive alcoholic who refused to get help, claiming he could stop any time he wanted. All alcoholics say that — just like all abusers say they didn't mean it. A combination of both can be deadly, for them and their victim.

I stood in front of the bathroom sink, looking into the mirror at a woman that I no longer recognized. As much as I hated him for what he was doing to me, the love that I had seemed to overpower it all. I pressed the warm towel against my bloody lips, wincing at the pain. Regardless of how many times he would beat me, I was still as shocked as the first time it happened. If he loves me, why does he hurt me? That was one that I couldn't quite figure out. Watching my father put his hands on my mother made it all seem normal. Like this was supposed to be what relationships were about. Like I had to accept it. Part of me wanted to leave, but I couldn't. It was mixture of reasons, one was I love him and another was I was too afraid to. He had always told me that if I tried to leave, he'd kill me. And I knew that he meant it because he has killed before.