Chapter 1

Yang wasn't sure what they were doing there.

Of course, he knew that Yin had gotten them up and into the woods, but he wasn't sure why. Anytime he asked, Yin just told him to be quiet.

"There we are!" Yin said, snapping Yang out of his thoughts.

"The middle of the forest. Lovely," replied Yang.

"No, here!" Yin pointed at some purple flowers growing near the base of a tree.

"You brought us out here in the middle of the night to look at flowers?"

"No, silly," Yin giggled. "These are Evanescus Cantrella, and they're going to make the perfect flavoring for my tea!"

Yang couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"You woke me up and brought me into the middle of nowhere for TEA!?"

"Not just any tea," Yin said, putting the flowers into a pouch. "The perfect tea."

Yin had been on a bit of a tea kick lately, making all sorts of brews with the plants around the island. Yang thought it was incredibly dumb. Why spend all that time boiling stuff when you could drink a Dr. Fizz?

Yin, on the other hand, found it fascinating. He would sometimes talk to Candle about different kinds of herbal teas, while Yang would take advantage of the distraction to read Yin's brain diary.

Yinyang stopped below their open bedroom window.

"Alright, Yang, do the thing."

"Why can't we just use the door?"

"Because I don't want to wake anyone up. Please?"

"Alright, fine." Yang took full control and climbed up to their window, going inside their room.

Since Yin and Yang were two people, OJ had decided to give them their own room. They decided to split it: Yang had the half with the window, and Yin had the half with the door.

It was rather easy to see the line between them. Motivational posters and kitten pictures abruptly switched to heavy metal covers, tigers, and gorey drawings. (As well as a few hidden kitten pictures, but Yang would die before letting anyone see them.)

Yinyang stepped over a pile of clothes (with a mental "You should clean that up" from Yin and a mental "I know, shut up" from Yang) and headed to Yin's desk, where Yin put the pouch with the flowers into a drawer.

Yin closed the drawer, plugged in their phone, and started playing their calming sleep music. They had started playing calming music to keep from arguing with each other, and it had become a familiar nightly routine.

Yinyang climbed into bed, and soon Yang could feel half his body go limp as Yin fell asleep.

Not long after, Yang fell asleep as well.